Tuesday, August 19, 2008

august

  • nto the rush

    Current mood:sleepy

    Wednesdays are busy.
    This morning everyone woke up and went to convo at 10. Convo was pretty good today. Some poet guy, named Poetry, came in and spoke and before that they played clips of the Malibu fires to scare us lol.
    After convo I grabbed some brunch with Philip and picked up some books from the mail center.
    Then I had Faith and Reason from 12-3.
    Then I had an hour to change and scarf some fruit down.
    Then I had to give a speech about myself during Public Speaking from 4-6.
    Then I ran down, changed my pants and shoes, and ran over to Pep Band.
    Band was better this time. More people came and we actually got out at 7.
    Then I hung out in my room with Katy til she went for dance team auditions (which she made btw), and then I went over to Lovernich for the first Latino Student Association meeting. It was basically a meet n greet, but they had food, and I needed to eat, so I was happy.
    And I've been up here in Hayes D Suite ever since.

    Today was a little blah, but kinda not.
    I woke up around 9:30 and did my Faith and Reason homework, then I got ready and went to lunch with Philip, then I pretty much did nothing the rest of the day.
    Just kidding.
    I had english at 2 and we went over our rough drafts for our papers due Friday. That was okay I guess. Then I got out at 3:30ish and did some more homework and learned a whole bunch of new songs on ukulele. Then I had to go to orchestra at 6.
    I like orchestra a lot better than pep band for sure. The people are less geeky and they are actually very talented musicians. It's like honor band on steroids. That lasted until 8. Then I kept putting off writing my speech and helped Katy put off her reading.
    We ended up going out to Mal Yo with the Eaton boys and got back around 10:45ish.
    At 11 we had a hall meeting and it turned into a discussion about our future lives. It was fun. Sara, our RA, totally has her wedding fully planned out. It was adorable. The meeting lasted way longer than it should have, but that was totally okay.
    I finally wrote my speech and got in the shower, and now here I am, on Myspace.
    But I'm about to go to bed. Tomorrow's my long day.
    Goodnight.

    Today was pretty slow.
    I woke up around 10ish to post a response about Plato's Symposium by noon, and then Erin and I went to go eat in the caf. Pretty much the rest of the day until dinner I did homework. There was nothing else to do around here.
    Then after dinner Philip took me to the market so I could get flowers for Katy.
    Her boyfriend e-mailed the other day asking if I could print out a poem he'd written and get her flowers since tomorrow is their 9 month. So I did. And it went just as we planned. He got her out of the dorm, I printed the poem and placed the flowers, and then at midnight she came in. It was cute.

    Apparently the blog I wrote last night didn't show up, so I'll write a cliff notes version of what I wrote last night along with what I was planning on writing today.
    So Friday night I was supposed to go camping on the beach with the Eaton boys and some girls from Pengilly, but it turns out you need reservations to do that. We didn't have one. We went to the beach anyway, Zuma, and hung out there for a while. The water was cold, sandy, and full of sand crabs, but we all had fun. Except the boys that went in the water and got beat up. When we came back to school we decided to camp out at Alumni Park. We set up around 11:45 and went to bed around 3. It turns out camping at Alumni Park is a major violation, so campus security came at 5 to tell us to pack up and leave. It was scary and hilarious all at the same time.
    The rest of the day I was totally out of it and I really don't remember too much about it.
    Today I went to mass with Erin, Laura, and Katy and then my mommy came and took me to lunch. How sweet. We kind of got lost for a sec, but it worked out just fine. When I got back to school I messed around on ukulele for a while and then went out to dinner at Coogie's. It was pretty good. Much better than the food in the caf. It was Erin's birthday, so we had to have something good to eat. Then after we got back we had cake and I've just been bumming around ever since. It gets boring around here. But I doubt I'll be saying that once I have major homework going on.

    • ahhhhh!

      No blog other than this one tonight.

      I'll fill you in tomorrow.

      My mother will be financially stable.
      I will find my prince charming.
      My prince charming will be an attractive athlete.
      I will be a great driver.
      I will have a car while at Pepperdine.
      Rebecca and I will have a lasting friendship.
      Katy will be an awesome roommate.
      I will be set financially while at Pepperdine.
      Everything will be fine with Pepperdine.

      Today was beyond chill.
      I woke up this morning for class at 8, went to class, and then I was done for the day. That class is super cool too. Econ. The prof gives us a 20 minute break around 9 so we can go eat breakfast. That's way cool.
      So after that I came back and hung out with Katy and then went out to lunch with Erin. Erin is one funny Chicagoan. It was pretty much just her and I until 6 cuz everyone else had class. But that's okay.
      Then at 8 we had our first Backstage with Hayes meeting and that was cute. Not a whole lot of people went, but whatever. I had a nice little time.
      Then at 9:30 Hayes and Peppers had a mixer at Malibu Yogurt, but the boys in Peppers are creeps, so Dustin and Phillip came over and rode with us. It was Me, Katy, Dustin, and Phillip crammed into the back of an Audi. We got to Mal Yo just in the nick of time and the ride back was the best. Katy called shotgun, so Erin was in the back this time. On the way back to campus we all sang "I want it That Way", "Lucky", and "Shake It". Way fun!
      And then I walked around campus a few times since I had nothing else to do lol.
      I'm thinking tomorrow I'll run around instead of walk.

      Let me start off with last night... after my blog post.
      It was around 1ish and it was me, Katy, Laura, Erin, and the RAs (Laura and Sara) sitting around talking about stuff. But most of the stuff was about the girls in A Suite and how their common room is decorated like Ghetto Chic.
      We had to see it for ourselves.
      The A Suite girls were out, so we let ourselves in and looked around. There were pictures of rappers on the walls, along with tons of pink, and they had pictures of themselves on the beach in bikinis. Classy girls, classy.
      Anywho... they came back!
      We freaked and ran upstairs, so now they're all suspicious and don't like us now. But it was hilarious and well worth it. The RAs are totally on our side. And so is B Suite.
      Today was my long day. I had my seminar class from 12-3, then I had speech 4-6 waaaaay up on the hill, and then I had band 6-7.
      Band was lame beyond belief. I hope it gets better and more people show up.
      After band I went and had dinner in the caf with Dustin and then I tried to do as much as possible to rid my boredom once I got back to the dorm.
      If you're my friend on Facebook you can see videos of what happened. Dance party anyone?

      • chill

        Today was basically just a chill out and do nothing kind of day.
        But I had a little too much free time that I didn't know what to do with.
        I only had one class today, from 2-3:30.
        I got some reading done this morning, and some ukulele time in, and plenty of phone calls... which I normally don't do, so that was nice.
        And then Dustin invited Katy and I to go with him and his friends to get some In-N-Out, so we went. It was nice. And we've just been chillin in our room ever since.
        I think I might watch a movie or go for a walk or something.

        So I had an early start this morning. Mondays suck anyway, but having an 8 am class on a Monday makes it worse. But I didn't think it sucked. Maybe because I'm excited about school. My class was extremely chill. It was Economic Principles and we basically just went over what the class was about and were dismissed at 8:30. Then I went and bought a sweatshirt and a keychain and hung out in my dorm til around 12.
        When we got hungry, Katy, Erin, and I went down for some lunch. Erin's so funny. All the girls in our suite are funny.
        When we got back Katy and Erin went to their classes, I busted out my uke, and then I went and got my mail and bought some books that I hadn't ordered on amazon.
        Then at 4 I made the trek up the stairway to heaven to the communications buliding for Public Speaking. The class sounds really hard, but I already know 75% of the class, so it shouldn't be too nerve wrecking.
        After class I went and threw a frisbee around with Dustin and then played ultimate frisbee with some other boys that came down to the field.
        After the second game I came back to the hall and went down to dinner with Katy, Erin, and Laura. We came back here for a while and then called Dustin over to fix Erin's printer. He and his friend Phillip were amazed at how different our suite was compared to theirs. So Katy and I went to theirs to see for ourselves. It was a lot different. Especially the bathroom. Ours is waaaaay better.
        I don't know how I'm going to spend my day tomorrow. I only have one class and it isn't until 2. Maybe I'll get some reading done.

        Today was beyond chill.
        I woke up around 9, met up with some Catholics in RHO, and went to mass at Our Lady of Malibu. It was a cute little church and the priest was real chill. I'm pretty sure that's where I'll be going every Sunday here on out.
        Then I hit up the caf for lunch and hung out in my dorm for a few hours. I was able to watch The Life Aquatic and order most of my books from Amazon. It's way cheaper than buying them from the bookstore here.
        Then around 6 Katy and I headed down for dinner and ate with some boys that we're pretty cool to talk to. We stayed there for over an hour just eating and talking.
        Then we came back up to our room and ate oreos and chatted for a bit, and then I watched Cars and was texting Vanessa about classes tomorrow.
        I'm super excited for tomorrow. I just need to get my bag together and I'm good.

        I got to sleep in a smidge this morning. 8:30. Then Katy and I got ready and headed over to White for breakfast and then we all went out to the basketball courts for frosh follies rehearsal. That was a little on the boring side.
        Then I came back and chilled in my dorm for a bit until the soccer game started. I went down with Erin and Laura and watched the game with them the first half, and then watched the second half with Dustin. We lost to CSUF, but I still had fun at the game.
        Then at 3 we had more rehearsal for Frosh Follies. We were out in the sun so the combo of the game and practice got me a little on the burnt side. It isn't too bad though.
        Then after that I chilled again and met up with White and Fiefield at 6:45 and we made our way down to the field house for Frosh Follies. It was really fun and the audience laughed at my part, so that's good. We didn't place, but whatever. Our group was the only one that didn't have narators reading everything.
        Then afterwards everyone went to Aftermath in the Waves Cafe. Katy and I grabbed some sandwiches and afterwe were done she headed back to the dorm and I stayed and partied it up. It was like a homecoming kind of deal, but everyone was dressed up silly from the skits. I stayed til about 11 'cause it just got too hot.
        And now the real fun starts.

No comments: