Sunday, August 31, 2008

8/28-8/31

  • chasing pavementsI woke up this morning around 9:30 and got ready to go to church.

    I got there about 5 minutes early and sat in the regular spot... regular as in the spot when we don't sit in octigenarian land. But I was by myself this time and didn't see any familiar faces. But that's okay.
    Then after mass I went to my grandparent's house and had breakfast and stayed there for a few hours. My mom came and had lunch and then after failing miserably to convince my dad to let me take my car back to school, I went and dropped it off at his house. It was so nice being able to drive myself around to where I needed to go, with my music playing and singing as loud as I wanted. I need that little amount of freedom in my life lol.
    Whatev.
    So then my mom and I went home and I packed up for school, and I got back around 7. I had more stuff than I could carry, so Philip came up and helped carry a box for me. It was heavy and my dorm was pretty far, so he put those biceps to good use tonight. Thanks Philip ;]
    It's great being back. I missed it. And I missed my sweeties. It was weird not having them around. Apparently it was weird not having me around too.
    So everything should get back to normal now =]

    I came "home" yesterday night.
    I spent the night at my dad's house. It didn't feel like a big deal because I normally go there every three weeks anyway.
    I spent the day by myself. I loved it. I drove to Montebello, to Pico, to Whittier, to Brea, back to Whittier, and then back to Pico.
    It was great.
    Then I went to my house. It was really nice seeing my pets. My dog was happy to see me, but my cat couldn't have cared less. My house was just as I left it. And that's not a good thing. But I didn't expect it to be any better.
    Once my mom got home it went back to how it's always been. Me in my room on the computer, and her in the living room watching tv.
    I was supposed to go out tonight, so I got all dolled up, but as always plans fell through. Always.
    I thought I'd like coming "home", but if I didn't like it before, why would I like it now? I don't like it here and I never really have.
    I want to go home. Pepperdine is my home now. I love it there. I feel right there. I don't feel right here.

    I love Vanessa. She's one of my best friends. But she is by far my most dramatic and flakiest friend.
    1st time: Dodger Game. I invited her a week in advance, she said she'd let me know ASAP if she could go. She never did. Supposedly her phone wasn't working, but that didn't stop her from going out with other friends. She could have used Myspace or something.
    2nd time: Breakfast. I invited her way in advance, but she said she was never invited. Bull. So she didn't come to breakfast to say goodbye or anything.
    3rd time: Tonight. I'm home this weekend, so I would have liked to see at least one of my friends. Immediately I thought of Vanessa. She was busy today with Sorority stuff, but free tonight. So I got all dolled up to go out, and she bails.
    No more invites Vanessa.

    It's in France.
    We would have visited it had we the time, but unfortunately, we did not.
    So no visit to Versailles and the famous hall of mirrors.
    Versailles
    It's in Venice... California.
    And it's a Cuban restaurant.
    I went there for dinner tonight with my dad after I left school.
    I think that's the most I've eaten since going to school.
    But I'm not complaining.
    I have a feeling I'm going to be eating a lot this weekend.

No comments: