Friday, December 26, 2008

usc

I applied to USC back when I was doing all of my college applications to make my father happy. He really wanted me to go there, but I wanted nothing to do with the Trojan family.
I felt uncomfortable when I went for my interviews, the school just didn't feel right when I visited, and there were way too many people. I needed something different.
I couldn't be more happier at Pepperdine. It's small enough where I am a name, not a number, but big enough where I see new people everyday. When I went to visit last year, I felt extremely comfortable and I knew that's where I wanted to be. My dream came true and that's where I am now. Well... I'm in Whittier now, but that's where I go to school.
It's been months since my rejection letter from USC and my moving to Malibu, but my dad stills talks about USC like I should be going there. He got in, ended up going to Whittier, but says he should've gone to SC. That's his fault, not mine. I can't fix it. I can't live the life he wanted. Don't get me wrong, USC is a great school, but it's just not for me. I will graduate with an education, morals, and a good sized network while Trojans will graduate with an education, a hangover, and a huge network. Jk... but not really.

No comments: