Tuesday, September 16, 2008

9/13-9/16

  • why

    Why does Nathan insist on harassing me about the past?

    That's not why I contacted him.
    I wanted to move past all of that.

    Today was one of the best days I've had here I think.
    This morning/afternoon I hung out with Erin. We went to lunch and then went to go watch the rugby match against LMU. We didn't understand what was going on, but it was fun anyway. And she kind of convinced me to go to Buenos Aires next year.
    I had a dream that I applied a few days back, so that got me thinking that maybe I should apply. But I don't know. I need to apply by Monday and there's so many things to consider.
    Then I started getting ready for my date with Philip. It was really fun. I did my hair and I though I was ready to go, but Julie made me look even better. She did my makeup and let me borrow one of her jackets. I think that's the prettiest I've looked without getting dressed up for something.
    So then Philip came, and we were off. We went down to this Italian place in Santa Monica for dinner. It was a little pricey, but the food was good. After dinner we walked around for a bit and then we went over to the pier. I would've liked to go on the rides, but that's okay. All we did was walk down and back. Then we walked down on the beach. I had a feeling that's where we were going to kiss, but I pictured it differently. We were standing there for a while, then I looked at him, he smiled weird, and leaned in. It was a nice first kiss. Nothing amazing. We stayed there for a while then we went back to the Promenade and went and ate a crepe. It was delish! After that we went to Barnes and Noble for some things and then we came back home. We hung out here til about 12:30, then he left.
    Our first date went well and my day with Erin went well too. I definitely can't complain.

    It definitely brought back memories.
    Good and not-so-good.
    But I love it.
    Even with the memories.

    This morning I woke up with yet another song in my head.
    "Sunburnt Hand" - Danny Tieger and Julia Nunes
    So as I was curling my hair and getting ready to start my day, Sarah comes in and talks to me. Apparently I was distracted because I full on grabbed the wrong end of the curling iron. I dropped it right away, but I held it long enough to do damage. It felt fine for about a minute, but then it started to burn.
    I ran it under the sink, put cream stuff on it, and went over to the health center. They fixed me all up, but my hand still hurts really bad and I want to cry. I have to go back on Monday to get it checked out and make sure they don't need to cut any fingers off.
    jk. It isn't that bad.
    I'm just bummed I can't work out tonight. Hopefully I'll be okay next week.
    But isn't that weird about the song?

No comments: