Monday, September 8, 2008

9/5-9/8

  • sweets

    My suite mates as I see them:

    Laura F.: Laura's a junior and is one of the two RAs of the hall. She's like the big sister I never had and I feel really close to her. Especially after this weekend. She's a sky diver who loves the Lord and dreams of being on SNL. I think she could do it too. She is hilarious. I love it. She is was sarcastic like me and plays stupid jokes. It's great.
    Bekah: Bekah's Laura's roommate and was a junior, but she dropped one of her majors, so now she's graduating in May. Bekah's funny too. But different funny. She's a little on the weird side, but that's part of her charm. She is hands down one of the nicest people I have ever met. She's pretty darn smart too.
    Erin: I think Erin and I are pretty close too. She is also one of the funniest people I have ever met. She's from Chicago and I love her accent. It's so cute. We normally end up spending the day by ourselves cuz we have weird hours, but when we're together, we never get anything productive done. Whatevs.
    Laura D.: Laura, Bekah, and I make up the Socal natives of the suite. She's a tiny little Porto Riquena from Rancho Santamargarita and she'll tell you like it is. She's really good to talk to. She and Erin didn't pick each other as roommates, but they miraculously match up s perfectly together.
    Julie: Julie's the baby of the bunch. She barely turned 17 in July. For a while she was bringing home a different guy every night. But it's slowed down to one guy as of late. None of us like him, but whatever. She's always at his apartment "studying" and spending the night. Kinda sketch if you ask me.
    Amber: Oh Amber. She, Laura F., and Julie make up the Texans of the bunch. Amber is always either shopping, eating, sleeping, or being incredibly obnoxious. She is by far the loudest one of the bunch who bitches and moans about everything. And she sings all the time too, even though she doesn't sing very well. Maybe I'd be okay if she was down the hall, but she's right next door.
    Katy: Katy's my roommate and I couldn't have asked for a better one. We aren't extremely close yet, but I think we will be. As of now, I think she's closest to Amber. We have random chats about random things which is fun. And we do nice things for each other. She's an incredibly talented dancer who is the only underclassman who made the dance team and she's involved with the school's dance company. It's really cool.

    Today was intense. But a good intense. I loved today.
    This morning we had to wake up early again, but that was okay. Then we had quiet time, and then we finished up the retreat as a group. I felt kinda bad for Philip because I didn't know if he was having an okay time or not this weekend, but he told me had had fun, so i guess he did. I really enjoyed it. I was incredibly different, but a good different. After we finished up at the retreat we made another In-N-Out run. 2 times in 3 days is a lot. And I could've went again with Laura and Erin after I came home, but they wouldn't let me lol. Anyway... the drive home was waaaay fun. Laura is hilarious. She and I bonded for sure this weekend. And Bekah. Not so much Sarah, but I think we're a little closer now. But I live in the same suite as Laura and Bekah, so it's nice to be close to them. I'm actually in their room right now.
    So when we got home I had tons of homework to do and I was really tired. I was going to go to CVS with Laura and Erin, but they said I couldn't go because I needed to do my speech. So they left me and I took a nap. I had the weirdest dream. I told Laura about it as soon as I woke up and we were busting up laughing. Whew... So then Philip said he wanted to go for a walk and talk, so I didn't want to dive into my homework before then. I ended up just procrastinating til around 9. We were out for maybe 2 hours down at the baseball stadium. Deep stuff for sure.
    Ever since I got back in I've been doing homework. I did my Faith and Reason reading and I posted, and then I wrote my speech. I just finished right before I started this blog. I'm not very tired though. I really should go to bed. OMG, it's going to be 3! Wow! I just want to stay in here with Laura and Bekah... even if we're all being quiet and working. It's still nice.

    This morning was waaay too early to start the day. We went to bed late last night, so waking up in time for breakfast at 8 sucked. And it was cold.
    After breakfast we had more CoC stuff, which is quite different and more intense than Catholic stuff, but I'm getting things from it. Lunch came soon after, and after that, it was free time. I had a speech to write for Monday, but working on it went nowhere. There were too many bugs outside and Philip was too close to function. So I ended up taking a nap for a bout an hour then took a shower.
    We did more sing song lesson church stuff and then it was time for S'mores! My first s'more ever was delicious. And it was fun to make. After that we all sang around the fire. i felt bad that I didn't know any of the songs, but maybe I'll learn them after going to convo all year.
    And I made a decision to forgive Nathan. I called him and told him, and it was awkward, but I'm glad I did it.
    And tomorrow we go home.

    Day one of the retreat was pretty fun.
    The ride up with Laura was amazing. She is one of the funniest people I have ever met. Her, Erin, and Rebecca are definitely my top funny people.
    Orientation was a little werid, but whatev.
    After orientation, Laura, Philip, Chelsea Costello, Sara's bf David, and I made an In N Out run. Deeeelish!
    The whole message tonight was about being hungry. Not like for food, but for Jesus. We eat food when it's time, not when we're hungry. When we're hungry we'll want food. When we're hungry we'll want Jesus. I'm hungry for Jesus. I want to know him and be like him. I want to be a better person. That's why I came to Pepperdine.

No comments: