gatekeeper
I wasn't sure if I wanted to wake up this morning, but my coughing made up my mind. I got up and went to convo.
It's just been in the morning and right before I go to bed that my allergies start acting up. The rest of the day I'm fine.
Anyway, after convo I came back and took a 20 minute nap. Then I went to Faith and Reason. A lot of people were missing today, which made class a little weird, but I spoke more than usual, so that was cool. Prof Davenport thinks I'm adventurous lol. He said he would've pegged me as an introvert, but I'm just quiet. I told him I was more of an observer, and he said I should be a writer. I told him I write everyday, and he said that that totally makes sense. I like writing.
After class, me, Courtenay, Heather, and Carson (a girl from A suite down below D), hung out until our speech class. It was a random group, but we had a lot to talk about and we laughed a lot, so it worked. And we're all going to get lunch together next Wednesday. Cute.
Speech was kind of boring, but Courtenay and I kept making stupid jokes and laughing inbetween each speech.
After speech I rushed down to band, and after band I went down and got some dinner. Nothing special.
I chillaxed in my room til around 9, then Courtenay went with me on a little drive. I'm supposed to drive my car around every few days... according to my dad, which I don't mind. We drove down past Zuma, then turned around and drove through Santa Monica. Fun and random.
When I got back I went running down on the track. It wasn't all that cold, but it was definately windy.
So now I'm all showered and ready for bed, not looking forward to Econ in the morning, but whatev.productive I got a lot of stuff done today. I woke up and posted for my seminar class, then went to the gym for about an hour. I'm a little sore now, but that's okay. Then I watched two episode of Kath & Kim, went to class, filed for my blue card (I can work on campus now), then talked to the financial aid people. I should be okay now. Then I watched 1 more episode of Kath & Kim, went to dinner, then went to orchestra. When I got out from class I watched one more episode (I'm all caught up now), played Catchphrase with AJ, Julie, Krystal, Amber, and Katy (my team one both times), and then ended up just playing with Katy. We get each other. THEN Katy taught me how to do summersaults and how to climb a tree. It was great. I just got done mapping out my schedule for next semester. Hopefully I can get all the classes I want and need. hange of pace Today was better than yesterday, that's for sure. I woke up at 7, got ready for class, and then went to get breakfast with Katy. Katy NEVER wakes up before 9, so it was kind of nice to have somebody to go get breakfast with before class. She had work to do, so breakfast was her motivation to wake up and get it done. She probably won't ever have breakfast with me again, this semester, but that's okay. Ever since I got here, I hadn't really run into anyone that reminded me of people from CalHi, That changed today. It seemed like everyone I saw this afternoon looked like somebody I went to highschool with. And they weren't necessarily people I was friends with, just people I saw around Cal. It was weird. Idk if I miss Cal or what. Then when I got out of Speech it was dark for the first time. Normally it's super sunny, to the point where I have to squint. But today it was dark. I like it. I like it when it gets darker faster. I like the night time better =] After class, Katy and I got dinner, then I went to my lesson. Only 5 more and then I don't have to take them anymore. I like playing bassoon and all, but it isn't as fun as it used to be. I miss my lowdown buddy, Nordy, and everyone else. It might be different if I was getting paid to play, but I'm not, so it kind of feels like a waste of time. I don't think I'm doing orchestra next semester. Pepp Band, yes. After my lesson I chillaxed for a bit and then I went on a run. I ran a lap around all of campus and came back. I felt really good and I wasn't tired, so I went and ran 2 laps around the frosh halls. I can't believe I ran that much without stopping... while being a little on the weak/sick side. But I felt great afterwards. I think I'm going to keep it up. for reals yo. whisper I'm losing my voice. I guess it's from my throat being scratchy, because it isn't from talking too much. I barely spoke today. I was too down to speak. I just read and slept. Sleeping's a nice escape.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
11/2-11/5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment