Saturday, February 5, 2011

Birthday

I didn't get to bed when I wanted, but I still got to sleep in a little bit. I was afraid that wasn't going to happen since we were going to breakfast, but it worked out. We ended up going to Paradise Cove and I had my first legal drink. A mimosa. I opened presents, we ate, and then Katy and Tess went to school and Erin and I came home.
I left pretty soon after we got home to get gas and get my car washed. I ended up going to Forever 21 to get a blazer too. And then I found out that Katy was going to a club that night with her DIF friends and Erin was going to a party with her BA friends. That bummed me out a little bit and I cried. I know I told them I didn't want to go out and do anything after DIF, but I would've loved to have just hung out at home with them. We never spend time together. I stopped by work to get my paycheck, couldn't get the drink I wanted, and then went to the bank. The ATM told me happy birthday, so that was nice.
I came home, napped, surfed around on the computer, and then Erin and I set out. We stopped to get gas and then made our way to In N Out. Delicious, but we were really short on time, so I scarfed my burger down more quickly than usual. We ended up behind someone going really slow through the canyon, so we were stressing out that we werent going to make it to DIF on time. We did. Only because we ran through the parking lot.
As expected, DIF was amazing and Katy was phenomenal. I started getting a little teary after the show again because Erin kept talking about how she and Katy were going out that night. It was my 21st birthday. I should be the one going out. My birthday just falls on a really inconvenient day. It sucks. For the past 3 years it's sucked.
Erin drove me home and left pretty soon after that. I left right after she did and sobbed my way through Kanan and Malibu and ended up at Jordans. I was really sad when I got there and all shakey, but after 4 mini bottles of champagne and some Say Yes to the Dress, I was fine.
Shitty birthday, but at least I got drunk.
Who leaves their best friend alone on their birthday? On their 21st birthday?

No comments: