I woke up at 8 this morning to no missed calls, so I figured it'd be safe to shower and then come back to Malibu. As soon as I got out of the shower, my dad calls telling me to meet him at the mechanic's so I could get my air conditioning looked at since it hadn't been working for over a year now. I met my dad at the mechanic's around 9:45 and then spent the rest of the morning and much of the early afternoon just lounging around at his house while he went to a Dr.'s appointment, which I should've asked about now that I think about it, and then was on business related phone calls until 3. We finally went to pick up my car and then talked about school on the way there. It wasn't too uncomfortable, but he's pretty set on the idea that I'm going to get my Master's right away and I'm pretty sure I don't want one at all. But we'll see. If I get set up with a job that pays for me to get one, then I'll for sure get one.
I picked up my car and was on the road with a working AC by 3:45. I got home around 5, unwound a little bit, and then Katy and I took off to dinner pretty soon after she got home. I had asked Erin if she wanted to go, but never really got a straight answer from her. Katy and I caught up in the car and then grabbed some drinks as we waited to be seated at Benihana. I felt like a big kid and I loved it. I like feeling like a big kid. Dinner was fun and delicious, only I got way too full way too fast.
The ride home from dinner was good too and we made a pit stop at Ralphs for some vitamins, lightbulbs, and some chocolate for s'mores. AJ came over for a few hours and we chatted, had big kid hot chocolate, and made s'mores by the fire. Cute. And now Katy and I are watching Whip It.
No comments:
Post a Comment