Monday, July 20, 2009

Adventure!

I think today has been one of the best days ever. For sure.

I wasn't too happy about staying up to text Rebecca happy birthday, but that's okay. She's my friend and that's what I do for my friends, whether they return my calls or not.

Brunch was awesome. Everything we ordered was delicious and I ate until I couldn't eat anymore, as usual. There wasn't too much time between coming back from brunch and leaving for our big day of adventure, so we got all of our stuff together and headed out. We left about ten after 1 and headed for Mt. Rainier to go find some snow. We got a little turned around after we got off the freeway, but we eventually got straightened out and got to the mountain around 4. We drove as far up as we could go, but there wasn't any reachable snow. We headed back down, but then we found some just off the road, so we stopped. I had no idea what to expect of snow, since I've never actually seen it, so my brief encounter has left me satisfied.

After our Mt. Rainier adventure, Katy and I headed for the Paramore and No Doubt concert. We were hungry and still needed to change, so we decided to pull into a Sonic since we had been wanting to go. The line was super long, but we waited anyway. And while we waited, we changed. It was hilarious. Silly girls.

We made it to the concert, despite the traffic, around 7:30ish, and after some stupid camera and ticket drama, we were in. We missed The Sounds, which was no big deal at all, and made it just in time to see Paramore perform. Oh how I love them. Their set wasn't very long, but it made me happy. No Doubt's set was great. They really know how to put on a concert. As they should, considering they've been touring for years. Parking at the venue was ridiculous, so finding Katy's car afterwards was an adventure in itself. The concert ended around 11, we sat in the parking lot til almost 1, and then finally made it out into more traffic. We ended up taking streets all the way back home, which was also an adventure in itself. Oh, adventures.

Long, awesome day, full of adventures.

No comments: