This morning did not go well in any way, shape, or form.
I was supposed to get up at 5, but I ended up getting up at 6. When 8 rolled around, I was only about halfway done with my paper. Scout convinced me that it was okay to close my eyes for 2 minutes, but 2 minutes turned into 3 hours. I missed class, my paper wasn't done, and I woke up late for my internship. I was stressing out to the max.
I got ready as quickly as I could and booked it to Santa Monica. Before, when my mind wouldn't shut up, it would stew over things and over analyze them to no end and I would just end up getting mad at the world/myself or get super depressed. Lately, when my mind doesn't shut up, it's like a pinball machine. I can't focus on a subject for very long, and the subjects are varied. I don't get mad or super down, but I get confused and frustrated. I don't know which is worse. Probably being mad at the world. So on my drive to Motive, I couldn't focus on anything. And that was stressful.
When I got to Motive, I actually had things to do, but I was able to get my paper done in between the real things I had to do. I even ended up staying late to get extra stuff done.
After I was done at Motive, I was supposed to go out to dinner with Jordan, but we changed plans and I went over to her place instead. We caught up on each other's lives while Stephanie was downstairs watching TV, I helped make dinner, and then the three of us had some quality time eating dinner and watching a movie. It was really nice and relaxing. And I missed Jordan. I hadn't seen her since before graduation and it was really really nice to talk to her. I'm glad she's still going to be around this next year. It would have sucked to lose my SM.
I came home to find that Erin had come to pick up some things and I got ready for bed.
And even though I have homework, I'm going to bed. That plan obviously has not been working, but I'm going to try anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment