Holy. Cow.
My body is sooo tired, but my mind is not. Perfect.
I woke up early so I could get started on packing before my dad got here, but I couldn't help but stay in bed longer than I was supposed to. I didn't sleep in until 2 this time, so I guess that's something. I got a little bit of packing done before my dad showed up, but not much. I told him I still had tons to do, so he opted to wash my car while I packed some more and made us lunch. It was kind of cute. My dad sort of helped me pack, but not really. He taped up boxes and talked to me the whole time. I couldn't believe how much stuff I had. It was incredible. And he brought up grad school again. But this time I told him what my potential plan was. Cal Arts. And to my surprise, he wasn't totally against it. He said to get all the information I needed and to ask my advisor about some others school where I could get an MFA. Supportive. By the time everything was packed and the truck was loaded up, it was almost 6. The truck he rented wasn't all that big, so he was able to take all the furniture and a few boxes, but there were plenty left over. My mom's coming in the morning to pick those up.
After my dad left, I needed to take a break. I was already so tired. I allowed myself to do nothing for an hour, and then I ventured off to get some food. I should've just went to Pavilions, but I went all the way to Sbux. As I was walking in, I ran into one of the regulars, Jon. Hes a grad student and normally spends hours sitting at the bar working on film stuff, but I never see him at school or anywhere outside of Sbux. He did a double take when he looked and me and was happy when he realized who I was. Whenever we would talk when I was working, our conversations would normally have plenty of awkward moments, but in a cute way. Today was no different. I felt gross and tired and looked gross and tired, but felt much better when Jon said, "Not to be awkward, but I really like your hair," in the middle of our conversation. It was cute. After we got our drinks, he accompanied me to CVS and then we parted ways. Made my day.
When I got home, I ate, rested for a second, and then worked on getting all the boxes that were dispersed around the house into the garage. That took more energy than I was planning and I'm definitely going to be sore tomorrow. I should've stopped at that point, but I got ambitious and went to town on the floors. Swept, Swiffered (dry and wet), and mopped. The new tenants are getting the place in way better shape than I did.
I have a paper to write, by 2 o'clock tomorrow, but I physically cannot do the research and write it tonight. My body hurts and my mind is in too many places. My inability to focus was really bad today. My dad was talking to me, and I was trying really really hard to focus, but my head felt cloudy. Not like stuffy or anything like that, but cloudy. My thoughts were all blurred together and I couldn't concentrate. It sucks. And right now, I've been thinking for hours, and trying hard to concentrate, so now I have a headache. No good. I'm starting to think that maybe I should've just gone home for June. I would've had to commute half of the month, but I'd be saving money on food and rent. I don't know. Commuting would've been a pain though. And Katy and I were texting, so I was thinking about our friendship again. I haven't figured out what's going on with that yet. But we're talking on Tuesday, so I think that'll be good. I know exactly what I want our friendship to be, I just don't know if that's what it should be or even if it can be that way. Hopefully Tuesday will clear some things up.
Everything's going to work out.
No comments:
Post a Comment