Sunday, June 12, 2011

June 11


We fell asleep right away, only Daniel woke me up at who knows when and then we didn’t fall back asleep until after 4.  Oh, that boy.  I don’t know what I’m going to do about that one.  Scout woke us up this morning by talking up a storm, but I think she was just confused about the boy in my bed and why she didn’t have room to cuddle.  I really do like cuddling.  If I could have Daniel around just for that, I would.  No, nevermind.  I’d need more than that.

It was weird to wake up with Daniel and then, just an hour and a half later, get picked up by Chris to go to lunch.  I really wish the weather was better, but it was okay.  All last summer I had to wear sweatshirts and it’s looking like this one is going to be the same.  Kind of a bummer.  But lunch with Chris went really well.  I think it was a date.  He picked me up and paid, so I think that’s what it means.  And we were flirty.  But it was really really fun and I had a really nice time.  We ended up walking around 3rd street until we stopped into Barney’s Beanery for lunch, we walked around some more, got some candy at Candy Baron, and then he took me home.  I wanted to gush about it all day, but living with boys really isn’t the ideal situation to do that.  So I napped instead.  And watched a few movies.

And I did some more thinking today, mainly about how I’ve been feeling.  Either I finally have enough drugs built up in my system or all that self exploration did something because I actually feel okay for the first time in a long time.  And it’s not just the butterflies from lunch talking.  I genuinely feel better.  My dad asked me the other day about how everything was going.  He asked if what was going on made sense, I said yes.  He asked if I learned/will learn something, I said yes.  He asked if it will make me stronger in the long run, I said yes.  And then he asked me if I already felt stronger.  I told him that I thought so, but after further thought, I know so.  I already feel so much stronger after going through this most recent hardship.  I think I’m going to be okay.

No comments: