Monday, June 27, 2011

June 26

Fact:  It takes the average person about 7 minutes to fall asleep.
I however, take hours.
Fortunately, last night was probably closer to 7 minutes.
I concentrated on listening to the waves outside and they lulled me to sleep.  I'm actually pretty tired, so hopefully tonight will take about 7 minutes too.

Despite going to bed when I planned to, I didn't wake up until 12:30.  I wasn't planning on doing anything today, but Maddie texted and said she was bored, and since I hadn't eaten at all, I suggested we get dinner. We went and got dinner and did some shopping, I still had no luck on finding a dress to wear for my cousin's wedding, and then I came back to the apartment and contemplated cracking open a RedBull.  I didn't.  I went to Tim's apartment instead and watched a movie with him and his roommates and drank some wine.  It was nice.  I love sitting around and watching movies with people.  It might be one of my favorite things.

I needed today.  I needed to be around people.  I think being around people kind of rejuvenates me.  I'm definitely introverted and spend a fair amount of time by myself, but I actually really like spending time with other people.  It's refreshing.  Adventures with friends, and acquaintances like this evening, are refreshing.

I need to get to bed.

No comments: