Today was my dad's birthday. I woke up at 10:30, despite my inability to fall asleep, and I showered and was ready to go by noon. We were going to go to some shabu place in West Covina, but it looked sketch and Emme and I weren't feeling it, so we all went to Edward's instead. I guess Emme was tired or something because she kind of started acting up towards the end and didn't get much better.
Between lunch/dinner and mass, my dad opened his presents and then we all just did whatever. Tonight was the LifeTeen mass, so there was lots of hand clapping on the offbeats (which I find so hilarious) and lots of teenyboppers. I saw Amanda, a few other people I recognized from Cal, Paul and Carrie, Uncle Vic, Tania, and Rebecca and Jessica. Tania, Rebecca, and Jessica didn't see me until the end, which was totally fine with me. I thought about inviting Rebecca to breakfast this morning, but decided against it. But it works out since she has work at 8 tomorrow. She said something about stopping by tomorrow morning, but she won't. We aren't doing a goodbye this year. There really isn't a need.
After mass, I went to go pick up my pictures from Walgreens, went to go pick up my ADV book from my grandparents' house, and then went to go say bye to my mom. She didn't cry in front of me, but she seemed sad and I'm sure as soon as I walked out the door she started to cry. I'll miss her, but it's not like we don't talk or anything.
When I got back to my dad's, I was finally able to connect to his wifi, I uploaded my pictures, we loaded up the Pilot, I hung out with my sister, and now everyone's in bed.
Big day tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment