Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 17

I slept in a little and then my mom and I started getting ready for the day.
We got to my granparents' house at 1:30 and then everyone set out for San Manuel for my grandma's birthday. She was stoked and I was kind of excited about it too, but my excitement was short lived. As soon as we walked in, I got a headache from the smell of cigarette smoke and all the bells and whistles of the machines going off. And I was watching everyone lose money, so I didn't want to waste my money in those paper shredders. We all met up at 4:15 for the buffet and then stayed until 6:30. I wanted to be back in Whittier by 6 for Caroline's birthday dinner at Spruzzo at 7, but that obviously didn't happen. I didn't have the greatest time, but I least I got to keep my money and my grandma was happy.
I spent a lot of time thinking on my way back to Malibu. And this weekend in general. Deep stuff. Real introspective. I think this summer and the upcoming year are going to be greatly influential on who I end up becoming and being for the rest of my life. I just hope they'll be influential in a positive way. I don't want to crash and burn.
I got home around 9, chatted with Katy here and there up until now, and now I'm going to bed.

No comments: