I had no finals today, so I figured I'd be productive, but there were so many phone calls about my car accident, that I just couldn't get a decent amount of time in to do anything.
I was able to pick up a rental car though, so that was a positive. It was a little scary driving at first, and I notice I was more cautious than usual, but I'm thinking I'll get more comfortable the more I drive. Then I went to get checked out by the doctor. I have mild whiplash and I should be fine in 4-6 weeks. That's kind of a long time, but whatever.
I cried so much about everything. I'm just really overwhelmed and stressed with the car ish and it's brought back a lot of feelings I had been trying to suppress. I tried talking to Erin about everything, but every time I would go into her room to ask if we could talk, I would chicken out. Then I ended up just getting mad at myself. Katy didn't have the greatest day, so I wasn't about to ask her to listen to what I had to say. I don't think she would have wanted to. I don't think she had the energy for me.
Thankfully, I got invited to go on an adventure with some Songfest people. It was probably a bad idea since my back and my neck were sore, but I met them at school to venture through the tunnels. I had heard about them and had always wanted to go, but never did. We had a big group, and it was a good one, so I'm really glad I went. I didn't really know what to expect, but essentially, it's just a big drainage pipe that runs underneath the school. Then there's the water slide. Yes, a water slide. The pipe is too wet and too steep to walk down, so you have to slide. It was so scary, dangerous, and awesome. Everyone was drenched afterwards and a little bloody. Ryan got the worst of it and cut a good chunk out of his elbow. Once we got past that, we needed to climb out over this wall. Thank goodness we had strong boys with us, or else we wouldn't have been able to get out. I almost fell into this river thing, but thankfully Jordan and Andrew were able to pull me up. Then we needed to climb through the bluffs which was also scary and difficult. Finally, we had to run across PCH to Alumni and get back to Lovernich without anyone getting caught by DPS. Tyler let me borrow some clothes, I said my goodbyes to the freshies, Tyler took Ryan to the hospital to get stitches, and I went home.
Intense. Well worth it though.
No comments:
Post a Comment