Alrighty, so yesterday I went to Disneyland with Rebecca and Jessica. I was a little worried about our chemistry after not seeing each other for over a year and a half, but we were totally fine. We caught up quickly and then it was like we were never apart. We just work. I was thinking about it, and we definitely aren’t the best friends we used to be, my idea of what a best friend is has definitely changed since high school, but I still love her to death. We complement each other really well and it’s a great combination. We stayed way later than I thought we would, but it was worth it. I had a great time with my Pepino pal.
As far as today goes, I woke up at 8 like I was planning to in order to pack before I had to go to my internship, but I ended up falling asleep again at 9 until 11:15, so then I just figured I wouldn’t go to Motive. If I had gone to Motive, I probably wouldn’t have been back at the apartment until after 7 since I needed to go to CVS first, and then considering loading up the car and tidying up, I wouldn’t have been on the road until after 8. I would have missed rush hour, but I wanted to get home. My departure around 4:30 was bittersweet. Never again will I live in Malibu, but being home for more than 2 days for the first time in 13 months will be nice.
I pretty much changed my mind as soon as I got home. I forgot how miserable my house is during the summer. The whole house is like an oven, even well after the sun has gone down. And since it’s the first week of July, there’s the constant sound of fireworks. It isn’t too bad yet, but the 3-5 will be insane. And the shower doesn’t work, so we have to fill up buckets in the kitchen, transfer like 3 to the bathroom, and then take a pioneer shower. And there are June bugs. This place is going to get real old, real fast.
Oh, and my grandma thinks it was irresponsible of me to have to move back home. She doesn’t think I was planning anything or thinking anything through. It’s not my fault my housing plans keep crashing down on me. I’ve been struggling to keep things together, but I can’t all the time. But would she understand? Of course not. I have to take care and look out for myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment