Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 23

As usual, Rebecca was running late, but it all worked out.  We were the first ones at the karaoke place.  Our room filled up quickly, the soji was flowin’, people were singing, and everyone was having a good time.  I was expecting to see a few different faces than who actually showed up, but it was good to see Cal people regardless.  I caught up with Bre throughout the night and thought I’d catch up with Vanessa, but she was to busy talking to her work friends.  I didn’t really mind.  Bre was enough company for me.  We were supposed to have the room until 12, but we ended up leaving at 1,which gave me plenty of time to sing my heart out.  So fun.  The fun ended real quick and everyone had no choice but to sober up.

Out of our group of 18, there were 4 guys.  Nate, Charles, Joe, and Josh.  While we were in the parking lot trying to decide where to go next, 3 guys from inside the karaoke bar came out and started confronting the boys.  Shoving started and then 3 guys turned into 10.  Punches were thrown, Jessica was roughed up, I called 911, and Rebecca was screaming.  10 guys literally turned into 40.  More punches were thrown, including my own, Joe’s ear was cut in half and his cheek got cut, blood was flowing, Nate got cracked in the head with a bottle of Malibu, he was unconscious on the floor, even more blood was flowing, Vanessa threw herself on top of Nate to keep the other guys from continuing to hurt him, more punches were thrown, Rebecca was screaming bloody murder, Charles was chased by 15 guys, Nate had a seizure, Charles jumped in Josh’s car, and the 40 guys that attacked our group took off in what seemed like 5 cars.  The cops and paramedics came, took information, and then we got the hell out of there.

I went to the hospital with Bre and Rebecca, but a good number of people met us there.  It took all night/morning, but Nate was finally released with staples in his head at 7 and Joe was released with a million stitches down the side of his head/face at 9.  Then it was time to leave.  At the hospital we were all kind of joking around saying that we aren’t all really friends, but we were down for each other when it mattered. 

There was so much blood.  There was so much screaming.  There was so much pushing, shoving, and punching.  I threw punches.  What’s going on in my life?  Who am I turning into?  Where did this spine come from?  I could’ve jumped in a car like most of the girls in our group, but I didn’t.  I don’t think it’s really hit me what happened.  There was just so much adrenaline flowing.  What?

I feel really bad for Rebecca.  She thinks it was her fault.  She just kept saying that it was her party and that nothing would have happened had we left when we were supposed to.  It wasn’t her fault.  We were just at the wrong place at the wrong time.  It wasn’t her fault.  I really hope they catch the guys that attacked us.  I don’t understand how the hell it happened.  I’m really glad Nate and Joe are okay though.  I was really scared about Nate.

I napped for a little bit when I got home and then sat around watching TV/thinking about what had happened just hours before.  So much blood.  My mom wasn’t going to be home for very much longer, so I got ready and headed to my dad’s for dinner.  I whipped up some beef stroganoff, helped him make some flyers about Boomer who’s been missing for a while, and then we set out to see Captain America.  It was AWESOME.  I think super hero movies might be my favorite type of movie.  But Captain America was amazing.  And I absolutely cannot wait to see The Avengers.

I actually just got in a few minutes ago, we got out from the movie a little late, and although there wasn’t any traffic coming home, I got to thinking.  I was thinking about how hard it’s been not to say anything about my adventure the other day.  It already happened and it’s not like I can be grounded or anything.  I’m an adult, it was my money and my choice, and I did it on my time.  But then I was thinking about why I did it in the first place.  I was viewing the situation from a perspective of thinking it was the right thing to do.  Thinking it was necessary.  But really, that’s not the case as all.  I was thinking that it was crazy and my mind went nuts when I transferred money out of my travel account.  Looking back, I felt it was the right thing to do.  Deep down, I felt it was necessary.  Something needed to change and I felt that this huge gesture would be enough to maybe, just maybe spark something.  I can only hope my feelings were right and that I was able to accomplish what I set out to do.  I hope something changed.  Even if nothing did, or does, I still stand by my decision.

Who am I turning into?

No comments: