Weird dream last night. Scooby-Doo meets songfest meets cal meets go-carts meets I don’t know what. So many people were in it.
I had big plans for today. I was going to get a lot done. Scout woke me up at 6, I went back to sleep, I woke up at 10 and then I got ready for my day. Unfortunately, Lisa was still asleep, or at least still locked up in her room. Normally that wouldn’t be a problem at all, only this time she was parked behind me in the driveway. So I couldn’t go anywhere. I had places to go and things to do. I was trapped. She finally left around 1, but that meant my plan of getting to the beach around 11 was definitely not happening.
Most of my afternoon was spent driving. I drove an hour to Malibu, but the time and distance didn’t really matter. My mood instantly got better as soon as I hit PCH and I could smell the ocean air. I told my mom that we should move there, half kidding, and she said we could if I really wanted to. I want to, but I know better. We can’t afford it. We can barely afford our little house. She’s been promising me for years that we’ll move, that the house will be put together, that we’ll go on vacation, but none of it ever happens. I’ve learned not to believe her anymore. It’s unfortunate. My dad’s full of empty promises, too. Anyway, Malibu was great and I stopped by school to pick up a Cal Arts info packet, my Ellie tickets, and some checks, and then took care of some stuff at the employment office. I swung by Starbucks on my way home, but the only cars I recognized were Amber’s and Cynthia’s, so I ended up not going in.
Even though I left Malibu fairly early, traffic was still gross and took me about 2 hours to get home. I didn’t do too much thinking, mostly singing, but some stray thoughts about effort did run through my brain. Before going home, I stopped by the Verizon store to check out some phones finally. There are 2 that I like, so my mom was going to go in and talk to them about upgrading one of our phones and doing the ol’ switcheru with the numbers.
I did some work for the Board when I got home, took care of some emails, and then just hung out with my mom for the rest of the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment