Friday, July 22, 2011

July 21


Holy cow, I am tired.  Today was unreal.

Scout woke me up at 5:30 since she was hungry, and then she went all hyper spaz on me and insisted on playing with the loudest things she could find in my room.  She finally calmed down at 8, so I told myself I’d get up at 10 after, only 10 after turned into 20.  I was on the road by 9, only it was the wrong road.  I was on auto pilot and took the 5 instead of the 605.  What should have taken me 20 minutes took me over an hour.  I was stressing out on my way to the airport.  I was so afraid I was going to miss my flight.  To make matters worse 105 parking was full and I couldn’t find a spot in terminal 3.  But I found one and was able to check in.  Security took forever and I finally made it to my gate at 10:30 for my flight that was leaving at 11.

The flight over to Washington went well and it didn’t really hit me that I was actually going through with this crazy plan to see Katy until I landed.  It was like, “WTF am I doing in Washington?!”  Quality.  Picking up my rental car, a white Mustang, took longer than expected, but it wasn’t like I was in a hurry.  I was starving, so I grabbed some lunch thinking it would take up more time, but I forgot that I pretty much inhale food, so it took about 20 minutes.  I spent some time adventuring and then headed over to Katy’s once she was home from work.

I had this whole spiel I had thought of on the plane, but, as usual, it fell by the wayside, but for different reasons.  I was so incredibly happy to see and speak to Katy, even if it only was for an hour.  The trip was definitely worth it.  We didn’t talk about anything major, but I felt majorly relieved about everything.  It was great.  It is great.

I got back to the airport early, adventured around there for a bit, and then ended up at a bar.  I didn’t mean to, but I got drunk.  It was fun, and I was excited to fly drunk, but the excitement didn’t last too long.  As soon as we were ascending, it took all the strength I had not to throw up.  Then I pretty much passed out listening to my i-pod.  I had never fallen asleep on a plane before, so that was something new.  We landed early, only we had to sit on the runway for forever to get to our gate, so I finally left LAX at 12:30 and didn’t get home until a little after 1.

What did I just do?

No comments: