Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 24


There’s a fine line between bravery and stupidity.  I might have crossed it.

I took today to recuperate.  The past few days have definitely been eventful and I was behind on sleep.  I woke up around 10, but I didn’t really get out of bed until 1ish.  And even then I spent most of the day watching TV in my room with the lights off to stay cool.  Lazy day for sure, but I think I needed it.  I also spent a good chunk of time looking into MA and MFA programs again.  Ideally, I’d like an MFA, but an MA works, too.  I’ve picked 10, 4 of which are out of the country, 5 of which are actual art schools, and only 3 are in California.  I even signed up to an open house day for one of them.  Crazy.  Big kid.  I figure I should narrow it down to 5 by November since some of the application deadlines are in December, and I’ll be golden.

I still can’t believe what happened the other night.  Never before had I ever been in that type of situation and I hope I’ll never have to again.

No comments: