My mom and I woke up at 9, but my grandparents were already up and about by then. They said that they were never going to drink again, but then they just laughed. And my mom and I told them stories about last night that they didn't remember. That was funny. Once we got my grandpa to stop roaming around, we opened presents. I scored a Wii, a game for the Wii, hot potato from my mom (who, as I opened it said, "that's going to be a great drinking game"), some perfume, and some cash. And my grandma gave us a crock pot that she's had but has never used. It can live next to our deep fryer. I left around 11:30 to pick up some things for the boys at work, but that took longer than expected, so I really didn't hit the road until 12:30. And then my dad called and said that PCH was closed and to not take the 10. That's what started the unfortunate turn of Christmas.
I took the 5, as usual, the 101, which was new, but then at one point some douche didn't let me over, so I missed the Ventura fork. I'm sure part of it was because I was thinking about Daniel for most of the drive. I really do like him, and I could easily make the semi-long distance thing work if I really wanted to, since I think we would end up having a really good, happy relationship, but I don't think it's worth it. I've known Daniel for almost 7 years, and although we haven't dated for that long, I still know him well enough to know that he isn't my Prince Charming. The way I see it, after knowing him for that long and being in a relationship with him several times before, for 2+ years if you add everything together, and not knowing if he's right for me, then he isn't. I don't want to wait around another year or 2 to see if things change, because they probably won't if they haven't already. And I shouldn't have to be convinced that they will. Maybe my standards are too high, but Daniel doesn't quite reach them and I know exactly what I want. When I find Prince Charming, I'll know, and I won't have to have an internal debate about it.
I figured I'd just get off at the next exit and turn around and get back on the right track, but it didn't work that way. I ended up on 2 different freeways and then I drove around for forever trying to get back on the 101. That took about 25 minutes and I was stressing out because all I wanted to do was to see Scout before going to work at 2. I eventually found my way and made it out to Malibu at 1:45. No time for Scout.
I made it to work right on time and I bet PCH would've been fine had I taken the 10. It was super busy probably until 5, so that sucked and didn't help my mood. Although, the boys liked their presents, so that made me happy. And to make matters worse, some creepy old man was taking pictures of me on his phone, so Hady told him to leave and Yeltsin went after him and deleted the pictures from his phone. That sucked and I wasn't happy about it. Yeltsin gave me a hug, but I was still creeped out. Things slowed down and hardly anyone was in the store when we closed at 7. We were out of there on time at 8, but somewhere between 2 and then, the gorgeousness that was the weather yesterday and in the morning and afternoon had given way to another outburst of rain. None of us had jackets. None of us had umbrellas. I was close to soaked when I reached my car since I had to park far away because of the crazy people that absolutely needed to be at Starbucks on Christmas instead of their families.
I made it home in one piece, unloaded my car into the garage and then was greeted by Scout. She seemed pretty happy to see me, so I stayed and talk to her for a few minutes before going to park my car. I brought my umbrella from home, so I used it on the walk back. And that's when Scout ran into the garage. I probably spent 15 minutes trying to get her until I enlisted the help of the Mr. Clean mop by the washer. He worked liked a charm. It was close to 9 by this time, and I wanted nothing more than to shower and get to bed. So that's exactly what happened, plus some texting.
No comments:
Post a Comment