Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December 21

I almost forgot what happened today. It seems like today went on for forever.
I opened with Amariah, who was late, again, and I was off at 9:30. The rain stopped for the first time in days, intermittently, so we actually had people come in. It wasn't super busy, but it was a fair turnout. I ended up staying a few minutes late, but I was home by 10. And April Scout, knowing when I need to be forced to sleep, promptly came to cuddle and we ended up napping until 11:30. I got ready for what was left of the day and set out for my dad's house a little after 1.
I got into Whittier a little after 2:30 and went to go find my mom instead of going straight to my dad's house. She was on the second street I tried, street, not street corner, and I could tell that she was happy to see me. It's that dimple of hers. After a brief carside chat, I went over to my dad's. My dad and I discussed my grades, my gpa, and my major, which wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, but it still could've gone a lot smoother. I hung out with Emme for a while, which was weird because she's growing up and becoming a real person, and then we all finally set out to dinner. I always feel weird when I with them. Kind of like I'm the extra one. Maybe it's because I am. They're a family and I'm the extra one that comes into town every once in a while. Sad. Regardless, dinner was good, despite my dad's mean, smartass remarks, and I set out for Malibu as soon as we got back to his house.

No comments: