To my surprise, waking up at 3:25 for work wasn’t all that bad. And I wasn’t freezing for the first time in days. Amariah was late as usual, but whatever. We had some technical difficulties setting up the new system for the registers, but it wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle. I pretty much opened the store by myself since Amariah was on the phone the whole time trying to get to customer service to figure out the technical stuff. But I had it covered. And she didn’t leave me alone to fend for myself for too long, so that was nice. I only got to use the new system for a little bit, but it’s kind of confusing. I think essentially it’s easier, but it’s difficult right now since it’s different and everything’s moved around. I’ll get used to it. I was straight up rocking the bar all morning until Candice clocked in at 8:30 and decided she wanted to take over. She threw off my flow, so I just walked away and decided to do other stuff. I was about to violate since I hadn’t taken a lunch yet, I needed to take one by 9 and it was 8:57, so I proposed I just leave since I was off at 9:30 anyway. So I got to leave.
Scout came to cuddle and I hardcore crashed as soon as Katy left for school and I was out cold probably until 12:30ish. I woke up for a second, but Scout came back to cuddle and I fell asleep for another 30 minutes. I came downstairs to eat breakfast/lunch and chat with Erin for a bit and then went back up to shower and then start some homework. The homework was super slow going just because I wanted to stay in bed and cuddle where it was warm, but I got a little chunk of it done.
Class was kind of a waste. Everyone went around the room and talked about our project: what was our biggest challenge, what was our biggest triumph, and what we learned. The WHOLE time, the boy group was talking and being cocky. It was annoying, but it was especially disrespectful when the professor was talking. After all that was done, we filled out peer evaluation forms, Stu got crappy grades from our group, and then we got our grades for our project. Another A. Solid. And our campaign book was the best one of the class, so I’m assuming that means we got the highest grade. When everyone was leaving the boys told the professor that they wanted to speak with her and that they’d wait for her in her office. Everyone had left besides me and Caroline, so we stayed behind to talk to the professor. She complimented us on our project and said that the boys were probably going to debate her on their grade. She said that they didn’t include a whole bunch of stuff they were supposed to. So Thursday: My group did really well. The second group did really well. The third group did really well, but they presented a marketing campaign, not an ad campaign, they included several slides with just text even though the professor specifically said NO TEXT, and they flat out didn’t do some of the required ads and instead did different ones. What really sucked was that all the judges applauded them for doing something different than everyone else. Yeah, that’s cool, but that’s not what the assignment was. Apparently the professor was upset about that too, so she’s thinking about calling Madison, our client, and explaining to him that they broke the rules. That made us feel a whole lot better that she was upset about it too. And we told her not to let those boys push her around, so that made her feel better. Boys are stupid.
I kinda sorta worked on my English homework when I got home, but ultimately worked on outlining the layout of my portfolio for graphics. It needed to be done, but English should’ve been done instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment