Monday, May 25, 2009

double dipped

I don't think my dad remembered to have my sandwich double dipped.

Spending time with my other family today wasn't all that bad. When I got to my dad's house, he was out getting snacks, so I was kept company buy my sister until it was time to leave. We got to Dodger Stadium in no time, but I was freezing the whole way there. The AC was set at a toasty 63 degrees. Not cool. We got there early to watch batting practice, but apparently not early enough. There was no action going on when we got in. We sat around for almost 2 hours before the game started. It wasn't until around the third inning that the sun reached us and I finally thawed out. I was ready to go by the fifth inning, but we stayed for the whole thing. Em was starting to get crabby since her team was losing, but she snapped out of it once they started to do well. She got crabby again once the game ended since the Dodgers lost.

We were supposed to barbecue when we got home, but we made a detour and ended up at Phillipe's instead, which I had no complaints about. Of course my sister had to complain. It was too crowded, too old, and it took to long according to her. She just doesn't understand history and great food yet. Idk if she ever will. She isn't much of a chow hound.

The ride home was funny. Emme was totally delirious from being awake for so long and sitting in the sun for hours. She mellowed out once we got home, so that was good. My dad and I washed my car, and then I came home.

My mom was out, she just got back, so I just did my thing and now I'm going to go to bed. I have to wake up tomorrow so I can go get Daniel.

I'm really glad I was able to make it a whole day with my dad, with my hair up, without him noticing my tattoo. If he did notice, he didn't say anything about it, which is perfectly fine with me.

No comments: