Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Outstanding

Today didn't go quite as planned. But nothing ever does, so that's okay.

I woke up a few times this morning, but didn't actually get out of bed until my dad called around 11:30. When I was done talking to him, the smell of sausage coming from the kitchen drew me out of my room. My mom had made me a wonderful breakfast of waffles, eggs, sausage, and grapes. And of course a big glass of milk to drink. After watching an episode of Exiled, I finally got ready for my day.

Last week Yamaha told me that they contacted one of their vendors and had told them about me, and to e-mail them my resume. That was on Tuesday night. I e-mailed them on Wednesday morning. I hadn't heard anything, so Yamaha told me to go down to the vendor to talk to them in person on Saturday. Well, I was a little busy on Saturday, so it had to wait until today since they're closed on Sundays and Mondays. As I was getting ready to leave, I figured I'd check my e-mail once more. To my surprise, there was an e-mail from the vendor. It basically said they didn't need me for just the summer and they didn't know why Yamaha told me to contact them. That's fine though. I didn't really want to work there anyway. So that nicked that idea.

I sat around until maybe 6, when my mom and I left for my grandparents' house. Soon after we got there, my mom, my grandma, my uncle, and I made our way to my grandpa's school, where he was getting a reward for being an outstanding faculty member. He received it once before, but that was a few years ago. After the super long meeting, the four of us went back to the house and had dinner. My mom and I left as soon as American Idol was over, and we've been home ever since.

Once I sat down at the computer I remembered that I found out that The Best Years was still on the air and that I needed to catch up since the season finale is this weekend. I was able to get through three episodes, and have three more to go. Hopefully the internet stays on tomorrow so I can Skype with Katy and finish watching season 2.

Tomorrow should be interesting. I was originally planning on going to Nathan's, then planned on doing nothing besides video chatting with Katy, and now I'm planning on going to the bank and the mall. We'll see what I end up doing...

No comments: