Sunday, January 11, 2009

Confusion

I don't know what I want.  
It's this sorority business.  When I was invited to Spring Recruitment from this particular sorority, I was less than enthusiastic.  Even my suitemates were giving me crap about rushing that sorority.  I went to their first rush event, and it was a lot of fun.  The girls were really nice.  Not the most beautiful, popular, or party hopping of the sororities, but they're good people.  I like good people.  But as soon as I got back, my suitemates gave me crap about it again.  Yesterday I kind of decided that I wasn't going to join something that I would be embarrassed about being in.  Like I mentioned earlier, I was less than enthusiastic about this sorority because of my preconceived notions, and because of my suitemates' notions as well.  But they're good people.  I like good people.

After reading for Intro to Advertising, I got ready and went to another rush event.  I thought we were going out to dinner, but we just went and ate up at the graduate campus and mingled.  Before I knew it I was back down in my hall reading for Intro to Advertising and then my phone rings.  It was one of the girls from the sorority.  She handed me a bid.  

I don't know what to do.  First off, I don't know if I can afford it.  Second, I don't want to be embarrassed.  I know I shouldn't care what other people think, but I do.  A lot.  But I mean, if I like the girls, why should I be embarrassed to be in a group with them?  They're good people.  I like good people.  Third, one of my best friends from high school joined a sorority and she's a completely different person.  We don't even talk anymore.  I don't even know if I would call us friends.

I need to make some phone calls tomorrow to get some guidance before I make my decision.  I have until 9 tomorrow night.  I hope I make the right one.

No comments: