Tuesday, January 27, 2009

good start

I woke up on my own about half an hour ago which was half an hour earlier than I had planned on getting up.  That's okay though.  Again, I wasn't able to fall asleep right away.  I did go to bed kind of early considering the past few nights, but still.  Maybe it was that nap that I took after class.  Anyway, I woke up with a sore throat.  That isn't good.  Sore throats are usually the very first sign that I'm getting sick, but I can't get sick.  If I get sick, I'll be sick for my birthday and I'll get my roommate sick and she'll be sick for her show.  So I've decided, I'm not getting sick.

Last month my dad called me up and said that he noticed that I had started to break out.  Good observation Dad.  I started breaking out back in April.  But he was right, I was pretty broken out.  It wasn't too pleasant.  He told me of some concoction that he used to drink that cleared his face up real quick.  Yeast and good ol' fashioned orange juice.  I decided to give it a shot.  I'm not a huge fan of orange juice, so this was just awesome.  It tasted terrible, but I figured I'd finish the can of yeast before I totally gave up.  I normally am sick for Christmas, but I wasn't this year.  I thank the orange juice for keeping my immune system up.  And it did help clear up my face.  I'm still breaking out in little spots, but it's way better than it was.  For the past week I've kind of skipped out on my yeast and orange juice regimen, so maybe that's why my throat hurts a little.  I mixed some up after I woke up and tried to chug it down, but I couldn't finish it all.  I had about three gulps left, but I couldn't do.  It tasted too bad.  I'm almost done with the can of yeast...

TBC...

*12:36
Tuesdays are my favorite.  They're long and tiring.  I was ready for my day by 12:45, went out to get my mail, my last book finally came in, and I decided to grab some lunch while I was down there.  $2 pasta Tuesday.  I brought it back to my room and ate lunch while I listened to some tunes.  I was surprised I was actually able to see my roommate before class, even if it only was for five minutes.  Class went great as usual and it flew by.  I rushed down to POSC for our first test and was out of there by 4:30.  I think I did an okay job.  A B or higher.  I didn't see my roommate after I got our of the class, so I figured she went back to our room.  Nope.  Turns out she was waiting for me to finish, but she didn't see me come out of the classroom.  Sad.  Anyway, I waited around for my next class to roll around, which was boring as usual.  We got out early though.  8:15.  I missed my roommate again once I got back though.  She was at dance.  And then when she got back I was in the shower.  There was a lot of hit and miss with us today.  I'm so glad that we're roommates.  Seriously.

I did some reading for Rel and I've been surfing the net trying to tire myself out since the shower did a nice job of waking me up.  One of my RAs came in to ask if I wanted to go to The Price is Right, and I totally do, but I can't.  They leave at 7 and don't get back until 3.  I need to sleep and I have class at 2.  I had signed up to go back in September, but it got cancelled.  I probably would've been the only girl going, so that would've been kind of nice, but whatev.  There'll be another opportunity one day.

I still need to tell my story.

No comments: