Thursday, January 8, 2009

Softer than the Sheets

What a day.
I had class at 10 with some of my suite mates until about 11:30.  Brutal.  It was just an introductory class, but it was extremely boring.  I have no clue how I'm going to make it through an hour and a half twice a week of ancient history.  My friends will make it worth while, I'm sure.

After class I sat around for a while, trying not to wake my roommate who was still asleep.  We're pretty much on the same clock.  We like to stay up late and we like to sleep well into the hours of the day.  Only I couldn't today.  It's all good though.  I can sleep in tomorrow since my class isn't until 2.

After she was up and functional, I went down to the post office to mail a friend her Christmas present since I didn't get to see her over break.  I didn't really get to see any of my friends, but that's okay I guess.  After the post office, I went next door to CVS to get some lotion for my tattoo and to pick up some face wash for one of my suite mates.  When I got back to the room, I realized  I had forgotten to buy some super glue to fix my glasses.  Fortunately, my roommate was kind enough to get me some when she went down to the bookstore to buy her textbooks.  I need to buy one tomorrow since one of the books I ordered on Amazon is the wrong edition.  Whoops.

The class that I need the book for was long too.  2 hours, and he took up all 2 hours.  I don't know how that's going to work for me on Tuesdays.  Hopefully it'll work out fine, but I'm not so sure about that.  My roommate and one of my RAs are in that class, so I sat with them.  We also had dinner together afterwards and then headed back to our hall.

Again, I sat around for a while until it was time for me to go back down to the cafeteria to get ready for the big pep rally.  I figured nobody would go, but a good number of students ended up going, so that was kind of nice.  We weren't playing to an empty room.  It lasted longer than I had hoped and my chops were absolutely done by the end of the rally, but we got donuts after, so it was all worth it.  Not.  During the pep rally, my hall was having an ice cream party and were handing out hall apparel.  Again, my roommate was kind enough to pick my stuff up for me and she even made me a sundae and saved it in the freezer for when I got back.

On my way back up to the hall, I ran into some guy that I always seem to run into.  I see him everywhere.  Everywhere.  The gym, the sandbar, the caf, just walking around, everywhere.  So I was going to give it a few more steps, since we were walking in the same direction, but then I get stopped by two girls.  They're in the Gamma Phi Beta sorority and they hand me an invite to rush.  Meanwhile, that guy continues walking, and there goes my opportunity.  So apparently, spring rush is very selective and you have to be invited to rush.  So this is kind of a big deal.  I wasn't planning on rushing, because of money issues, and Gamma Phi really doesn't interest me.  I'm thinking about going to the event tomorrow night just so it doesn't look like I completely blew them off, but that's it.  If I was meant to rush a sorority, one that interests me will send me an invite.

No comments: