Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year

I've been writing a blog everyday since September 2007, but on Myspace.  On occasion I would post one on Mix, but that's it.  On Mix, I didn't know anyone, so I was free to write whatever I wanted.  On Myspace, I have hundreds of people I know, so I need to be careful about what I say.  Some days I would spill my guts and set that particular entry on private so only I could see it.  Others I would set it to preferred readers so only a handful of people could pick my brain.  Everything else my friends could read.  But that isn't a blog.  I should be free to write whatever I want and have whoever read it if they so please.  That's why I'm changing my medium to Blogger.  If somebody wants to read this, they can.  I'm not holding anything back.  For the most part, I'll probably be writing about my day, maybe throwing in some deeper stuff here and there.
Last night I rang in the new with Bre and her family.  It was at some random city function, but it beat staying home eating ice cream, pretty much what I did last year.  It was a little on the lame side, but being out with a friend made it all better.  I got home around 12:30 and was extremely tired for some reason.  That isn't even late for me.  Late is probably around 2:20.  I ended up sleeping in 'til noon and just sat around until maybe 5.  Then I actually started getting ready for my day to begin.  My mom and I went out to dinner at Kabuki's in Pasadena.  As always, I ate too much, but it was mighty tasty.  We got home around 9, and I plopped down in front of the computer and started checking my social networks.  Typical.  BUT, I discovered some cool video game that I'm pretty much addicted to now.  It's a trial run of some Cartoon Network game.  I'm not one for video games, but when you're on winter break and all of your friends ignore your suggestions for getting together, a video game is nice company.
I have 2 free days before I go back to school and I doubt any of my friends will come through.  Sad.  So I saw Rebecca 2 weeks ago for about 3 hours and I saw Bre last night for about 3 hours.  I thought I had more friends than that, but oh well.  Actually, I do.  But they're spread out across the country.  I'll get to see them as soon as I get back to school on Tuesday.  I cannot wait!

No comments: