Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Whew

Woke up early for convo and waited for everyone to hurry up so we could leave, but they were taking forever, so my roommate and I just left.  There was nowhere to sit in the gym, so when we saw a whole empty row, we immediately sat down.  2 minutes later, one of the girls behind her tell us that our seats are reserved for the sorority that wants me to join.  Great.  We get up and find 2 other seats.  Convo was pretty good today.  Nothing too holy, but it had a message.  

After we got back from convo I did some more reading and awaited a phone call from a girl from the sorority I rushed.  She wanted to have lunch, but I really did not want to.  The phone call came and I made my way down to the caf.  When I realized what table she was sitting at, I realized this was going to be a terrible lunch.  She was sitting with the socially awkward nerdy people at the table where they always sit.  I knew she was a little weird, but this was too much.  Most awkward lunch ever.  Maybe not ever, but it was bad.

I got back to my room and finished reading, went to class for 3 hours, came back to my room and read for poly sci/ hung out with my roommate, and then when we couldn't handle it anymore, we went to dinner.  We ate with one of our guy friends and things got a little out of hand once dessert rolled around.  My roommate and I make sexual innuendos all the time, so tonight was no exception.  It was great.  By the time we got back to our hall I realized I had dropped my key somewhere, so I retraced my steps but couldn't find it.  My roommate went to look for it as I officially turned down the sorority bid, and then I went out to meet her.  She was stuck talking to some creeper.  I tried to save her, but he ended up just coming with us.  No luck.  I'll call around tomorrow.

After my roommate left for dance, I went into my suitemates' room to say hi and we ended up goofing around for 2 hours.  I had reading to do, but it didn't get done.  I'd have to say it was one of the most fun nights I've had in a while.

No comments: