Saturday, January 31, 2009

Breathe Me

I couldn't fall asleep again.  I think I probably fell asleep around 4.  I was tired earlier, but muscled through it so I would have an easier time falling asleep when I wanted to, but it backfired.  Maybe naps are key.  Maybe I'm supposed to take naps and by doing so, I'll be able to fall asleep at night.  But I doubt it.  And my roommate did end up asking me about my story.  Several times.  And as usual, I didn't tell her.  Today's the last day, but it ain't happening.

I was planning on telling her this morning, but she got out of bed as I was leaving for the basketball game, which we won... barely.  When I came back I felt kind of grody so I took a shower.  When I got out, she was sleeping, kind of, so I couldn't tell her then.  Then I wanted to sleep, but her boyfriend came over, so there went the possibility of a nap and my story.

I was also planning on going to mass tonight so I wouldn't have to get ready in the morning, but I decided not to so I could shower and nap.  At least I got one of those out of the way.  I should be tired tonight though.  I don't know why I wouldn't be tired.  I have the Mae concert at 8, and then my friend's having a birthday party at some secret location, and then there's always SNL.  But I think SNL will have to wait if I'm still at the party or if my roommate's boyfriend is still here.  But maybe not.  I can watch it in the HAWC.

TBC...

**1:16
As soon as I finished writing earlier, my roommate left for some meeting, leaving me and her boyfriend alone in our room.  Awkward.  Just when I needed some saving from the awkward sitch, my RA invited me to dinner with her and some of her friends.  I jumped at the chance since I wouldn't have to be in that awkward situation, because I've been wanting to go to that restaurant, and because my RA is fun to hang out with.  So we went out to dinner and had lots of laughs, then we went to Ralphs and had more laughs, and then we went to the Mae concert.

The guy who opened for Mae, I'm not sure how to spell his name, but it was something like Kaffe, like coffee and cafe combined.  He was really good.  He combined his own lyrics to songs that everybody knew and he got the crowd involved.  When Mae came on, I had no clue what to expect because I didn't know who they were.  I liked their music, but the singing, not so much.  My RA and I had a lot of laughs at the concert too.  We slipped out early and I went back to my room and awkwardly sat in my room with my roommate and her boyfriend.  I really don't mind him coming over, I just don't want to be a cock-block, but it's not like I have other stuff to do.  I went down to the HAWC to get something to drink and then I waited around for SNL to start.  I watched it in the lobby again, but this time the TV didn't freeze.  And my RA came down to watch it with me, so it was nice to have company.  And she kept me from falling asleep.

Now I'm about to get ready for bed.  I should have no problem falling asleep tonight.  I just wish I could've given my story this week.  I just had to bitch out when asked.  And when I felt like telling it, it wasn't the right time.  Just like when I go to talk to that guy I always see.  It's never the right time.  I will talk to both of them eventually.

No comments: