Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sacrifice

That's what I did today.  But not really.
I woke up early this morning, 8:30, took a shower and went to class.  That class is so boring, I swear.  Half the time I think she's just talking to herself, rather than to the class.  It's cute though because she really enjoys ancient humanities as far as I'm concerned.  It's always good to be passionate.  I was surprised to find that my roommate was up and functioning by the time I came back from class and that she was almost ready to go.  We had planned last night to go to the beach today.  After a few last minute preparations, we were off.

We are extremely fortunate to live and go to school where we do.  Beautiful campus, weather, scenery, everything.  We kept saying how awesome it is that it's a Thursday, in January, and we're at the beach.  It was wonderful.  We both brought some reading to do, but that didn't last very long.  We were kind of sitting by some other woman that kept talking to us, so when we realized that we kept reading the same sentences over and over again, we gave up.  We stayed until my roommate felt we needed to leave, since she had a class coming up.

I putzed around our room until it was time for me to go to class.  As always, I sat with my roommate and my RA, and as always, my RA and I goofed around.  I try to pay attention in that class, really I do, but it's so boring.

After class my roommate and I got dinner since we were starving, and afterwards we came back to our room to do some more homework.  I was in a weird mood, so I decided to eat some ice cream.  Ice cream fixes everything.  I finished the chapter I started reading at the beach, listened to Bush's Second Inaugural Address, started on a resume, and now I'm writing this.  I'm writing kind of early because my roommate and I are going to go watch Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist.  I loved that movie.  She hasn't seen it yet, so that's cool.  I still have one more chapter to read before my class at 2, but I know I can afford to not read it tonight.  But maybe I'll be energized enough to get reading done.  Whatev.  I may fall asleep in the movie...

No comments: