Monday, January 12, 2009

flash

Where did the day go?  I woke up around 9 and went to class at 10, was out by 11:30, and I was done with class for the day.  I went back up to my room, and to my surprise, my roommate was awake and functioning.  Normally, if we don't have to wake up early, we'll sleep until noon.

I made some phone calls to my parental units about the whole sorority deal and about my decision about it.  I wasn't going to join.  I think it's the right choice.  I feel bad about it though.  Oh well.  After my phone calls and some reading, I went down to check my mail.  I got a package, but the office was closed for another half hour, so I couldn't pick it up.

I'm going to the Namm show this weekend and I need something nice to wear, so I figured I'd go shopping today and find me something.  I left a little after two, but my trip was a bust.  I found two cute tops at Pacsun, but those weren't for the Namm show.  Borders was closed, like nothing in the building closed, Barnes & Nobles was seriously lacking in their music and movies selection, and Macy's was having some sort of liquidation sale with crappy leftover stuff.  I haven't been having much luck with shopping lately.  I normally love shopping, but I haven't really been buying stuff lately.  Nothing has really been crying out at me, and when something does, it's waaaay too expensive.  I'm a broke college kid, I can't be buying expensive things.  I much rather buy people things than myself things.  But I'm terrible with gifts.  I never know what to get people.

So the sorority bid dinner thing was tonight, and I didn't show up.  I flat out didnt show.  They called, I didn't answer.  I'll call one of them tomorrow and explain.  In the voicemail she said something about giving me some memorabilia before I commit, but I don't want any of their stuff if I know I'm not going to commit.  I feel bad, but that's just they way it's going to happen.  I couldn't have gone tonight anyway.  I had way too much reading to do.  I still have lots left.  Will I do it?  I don't know.

No comments: