Sunday, January 4, 2009

Family and a Half

So I woke up in time for mass this morning, went, and started walking towards the door thinking I wouldn't see my dad and his family until after mass, but no. As soon as I turn the corner, there they are getting out of the car. No biggy. I was nice and sat with them. We even brought the gifts up like one big happy family. I feel incredibly awkward when I bring the gifts up. I've only had to do it three times, but each time I feel like everyone's judging me and like we're supposed to pretend we're holier than though. We aren't. My parents are divorced, my dad remarried and is trying to get his previous marriage annulled, I have a half sister, I've made mistakes. We aren't perfect. After mass ended I drove my sister home and met up with my dad and his wife at his house.

We all went to lunch at 1 and met up with my dad's sister-in-law and her family. Awkward. I was kinda forced to sit in the middle of their family, next to some woman I had never met and my sister's cousin who's three years older than I am. Finally we left. The drive home was awkward too. My sister rode with her aunt, uncle, and cousins, so I was stuck in the back seat with my dad and his wife. When we got back to my dad's house, we had another Christmas sesh, since my dad and his family were away for Christmas and his wife's family hadn't seen them yet. My sister got some doll that pees and poops, so she was all excited... until it wouldn't stop peeing and talking. That's how she was. After a while the other family left and shortly after I left for home. My dad asked if I needed any money, and I should've said yes being a broke college student and all, but as always, I said no. I have enough money to last me, but it'd be nice to have a little bit of spending money.

When I got home it was back to the computer, but not as bad as it's been. I spent most of the evening just hanging out with my mom. She has the day off tomorrow, so we're going to go run some errands and hopefully go get my tattoo.

No comments: