Monday, February 9, 2009

Agenda Suicide

I slept well again last night.  Maybe a little too well.  I had planned on getting up at 8:45 so I'd have time to do something with my hair if I felt like it.  I woke up at 8:43 and figured I wouldn't fall back asleep, so I turned my alarm off.  Bad choice.  The sound of someone in the shower woke me up at 9, so I jumped out of bed to get ready for my day.  I had time to do my hair, but it was kind of rainy out, so I opted to just put mousse in it and hope for the best.  Laura went down to the HAWC and bought me some hot chocolate and when Erin was ready we went to the caf to get food.  I got in line for a sourdough sandwich, but they were taking forever so I didn't get to class until 10:10.  When I got there I was a little disappointed to find out that all we were doing was getting our tests back.  I got a 92 which I am pretty proud of.  After scraping all of the melted cheddar cheese from my sandwich, Erin and I went back to the hall since Laura left us.  Katy was still asleep so I chose to surf around online in the common room until she woke up.

A little after 1 I started reading for MSCO.  I love that class, but the textbook is massive and it's a slow read.  I bet I'm one of the few people in my class that actually read.  I'd like to think that it helps, but I don't know anymore.  After I finished reading for MSCO I took a break until 3:30 and then started reading for POSC.  That read was brutal.  I wanted to fall asleep, but didn't want to stop until I finished reading.  At 5:50 I was interrupted.

*Side note:  The cards that were in my mailbox last night said that there would be "more to come next week."  I was bugging Katy, Laura, and Erin last night and this morning about it, but they didn't tell me anything.  It turns out that they had planned a dinner for tonight.  

I had planned on lounging around and doing homework all day, so I didn't look cute at all, and then Erin comes busting in trying to get me to leave.  I was in no mood.  I had ten minutes to try to look somewhat decent which didn't really happen.  We ended up going to Marmalade down in the country mart.  The food was good, but I wasn't all that hungry.  I appreciated the gesture and everything, but I really wasn't down for anything tonight.  I had too much to do.

As soon as we got back I noticed that Courtenay had called.  Our group was meeting at 7 and it was 7:40.  I booked it to the library and worked with them until about 8:30.  And guess who was at the library.  That guy!  So I finally mustered up the courage to talk to him.  Nothing special.  Just introductions.  Maybe we'll have a real conversation one day.

When I got back to my room I finished reading for POSC, read for COM, and then wrote two papers over on the bridge.  I need to practice for my presentation tomorrow... I don't want tomorrow to be as full as I know it will be.  I just want to sleep and get done what I need to get done.

No comments: