Saturday, February 28, 2009

Anchor

I went to bed late again, but I fell asleep very quickly as far as I know. I slept well and all, but I didn't sleep long enough. If I didn't have things to do this morning, I probably could have slept until noon.

I woke up around 9, stripped my bed, and got in the shower. It was a struggle trying to remake my bed, especially since my bed is squeezed into its spot between a wall and a desk, but I was able to finished. I got some laundry done by the time Chris and Katy came back from breakfast, but I still had two loads to do. I finally finished a little bit after 1, minutes before I had to leave for the basketball game. I gave Katy and Chris a quick goodbye and then I was off. It was unfortunate that I didn't really get to say bye to Katy, but I guess a week isn't all that long. I'll see her Sunday... or Monday if by some miracle the basketball team makes it to the championship round.

We lost against the last place team today. Talk about lame. We weren't playing all that well and the other team was hitting 3's left and right. I enjoy going to the games and everything, but not so much with the band, or by myself. I need to find someone that enjoys them as much as I do so I can go with them next year. But going back to the band, I've decided I'm not doing it next year. Today I realized how much I dislike it. I don't like the songs, I don't like the fact that nobody pays attention to the game, I don't like the fact that if they pay attention it's just to badmouth our players, and I don't like the director. He seems somewhat clueless about the game and about pepp band, and he doesn't really take control. I'm probably just spoiled from having a wonderful director for the past 4 years. I miss that tall bald guy.

I didn't get back to my room until a quarter after 4, so that didn't leave much time to pack. I got my last load of laundry out of the dryer, packed up some stuff, loaded up my car, and went to mass. When I got back to school I finished packing for home, set aside some things to pack on Thursday, and left school at 6:45. I was on empty, so I needed to fill up before I got stranded somewhere, so really I left at like 7. I think I was home by like 8:45.

For the first time since I don't know when, I'm not all that embarrassed of my house. My mom has been working really hard lately on trying to get the house together, and her effort has definitely paid off. I'm proud of her and all of the work and time she's put in. I didn't really get to see outside, since it was already dark when I got home, but I'm sure that looks great too. And my room, AWESOME. It's finally finished. I've been waiting for a long time to say that. I haven't had anyone over since 5th grade, so maybe it's time...

No comments: