I woke up earlier than I had planned, but it worked out in my favor. I woke up around 10:30 and started getting ready for my dad to show up at 12. He left home way too early, so I figured he'd get here closer to 11:30 than noon. I was right. He and his family showed up early, but thankfully Katy was still asleep, so I was able to keep them away for the time being. I met up with them in RHO and had to take my sister to the bathroom down at the Fieldhouse. Typical little sister. We went to OLM for mass, but were therea good 20 minutes early, so we got to hear the band go through everything. Laura and Jordan went to mass at the same time and I was hoping they'd come sit by me to save me a little from the awkwardness, but they sat on the opposite side. After mass we headed through the canyon for lunch. I wasn't positive where we were going, but we ended up at BJs. I scarfed down my French Dip and split a Pizookie with my sister. When we finished up with lunch we headed back to school. My sister and everyone else had their hearts set on seeing my room, so I brought them up and gave them the quickest tour that I could. They didn't stay very long and were on their way out fairly quickly.
After they left I sat around for a bit, made some phonecalls, and sat around some more. Nothing really happened the rest of the day besides Katy and I going down to the caf for food for later. I'm really glad that we're roommates. We don't really get to spend that much time together since we're always so busy, but when we do hang out, I definitely enjoy it. And even when we're just doing our own thing in our room, it's nice knowing that she's right there if I need someone to talk to. I feel bad about the whole openness/talking thing though. I should be able to talk to her, but it's the distance thing too. I distance myself from important people, and she's important. I'll get over my stupidity one day and I'll be able to have the friendships that I've always wished I had.
I really don't want to go to class tomorrow. But it's one class, for an hour and a half. No biggy, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment