Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Everyone's At It

Typical Tuesday.

I was able to fall asleep again last night.  I love being able to fall asleep quickly and stay asleep, but I feel tired all day.  Before when I had trouble falling asleep, I'd wake up kind of early and I wouldn't be tired until later, but I would be really tired.  Unfortunately that disappeared as soon as I would lie down.  I can't win them all.  I like this situation better anyway I think.

I woke up around 11, ate some Pops, showered, printed what I needed to print for class, watched the Secret Life, and then started my day.  MSCO was okay.  We had a guest speaker for the second half of class that was really interesting to hear from.  He owns his own marketing firm and was giving us insight on the business.  POSC was boring as always.  I don't feel like I'm learning anything in that class.  I'd like to think I'm learning from the book, but I don't think I am.  And I can hardly pay attention in class with Laura constantly talking to me and doodling on my papers.  I don't mind, but I do mind at the same time.  I could be paying attention and possibly learning things, but I'm not.

COM today was interesting.  For the next several weeks groups of students are going to be teaching the class.  My group was the first to present today.  I don't know how other people feel, but I don't want to be learning material I barely understand from peers that probably don't understand it either.  I think it's a stupid plan on the professor's part.  And she even gets her outline from the book's website.  I'm not paying 50 grand to learn from people that don't know what they're talking about.  Regardless of my incompetency, I feel good about my group's presentation.

We got out class early again today, around 8, and I've been surfing around online and on i-tunes ever since I've been back in my room.  There was supposed to be a party tonight, but it got cancelled.  I was debating on whether I should go or not because I like going out, but there were some people going that I really didn't want to hang out with and because I have a test tomorrow that I should be studying for.  I don't think the test will be very hard, but I should still study for it.  I should probably get on that.

No comments: