I went to bed at 9:45 and set my i-pod sleep timer for 60 minutes. I was in that state where I was almost asleep but I was still aware of the sounds around me, and I was still in that state when my i-pod shut off. Okay, so it was 10:45. I was still sleepy and figured I'd be asleep by midnight. Not. I tried so hard to fall asleep, I just couldn't. I knew it was midnight because my phone's light was going on, indicating birthday messages from people. I tired for another hour until I couldn't take it anymore. I got out of bed at 1:08 and went downstairs to watch TV. There was a couple down there, so I just went and sat in the stairwell until 2:15. I went back to my room to try and get some sleep, but I didn't fall asleep until after 3. I woke up at 7, but I knew I had a good hour and a half left, so I fell back asleep.
It's seriously a problem. I'm sick of lying awake for hours at night hoping to eventually fall asleep. And it sucks because I know if I were to lay down right now, I'd be asleep in a matter of minutes. I really would like to sleep now, but I think that would just mess with my sleep cycle even more. And I have class in an hour and a half. I hope I don't fall asleep tonight for Dance in Flight. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
TBC...
**11:07
Dance in Flight was awesome! Katy is pretty damn awesome too. My mom was stuck in traffic for forever so she got there right after the second half was starting. I didn't get to spend too much time with her, but it was nice seeing her for a little bit. She brought me some gifts that my family had got me, so that was nice.
Overall my birthday went well. It wasn't great due to my lack of sleep and being stuck inside due to the rain, but it definitely wasn't a bad one. Hopefully I get to sleep tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment