Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Anchors Away

Again, I had trouble sleeping last night.  There seems to be an array of things wrong with me lately.  It started off with my difficulty breathing.  I have asthma, but it's never been a huge problem aside from when I was in track in high school.  And even then it was just towards the beginning of the season.  For the past week or two I've noticed that I've been having difficulty breathing and the my chest feels like there's someone sitting on it.  It feels kind of like I'm a goldfish out of water trying to breath.  It isn't all that fun.  And then for the past few days I've been getting these instances where I get a sharp pain in the left side of my chest kind of around my heart which is a little alarming.  It feels like the kind of sharp pain you get when you get a cramp in your side, but in your chest.  No good.  I'm sure it's just asthma though.  My heart's fine.  With the sleeping thing, it's been a little over a week and it's started to get annoying.  I dislike lying in bed for hours trying to fall asleep.  I can be using that time for homework or something.  I know I should be asleep, but I feel bad about wasting all of that time.  I looked up reasons for insomnia last night and the only reasons that could possibly apply to me were anxiety, stress, and depression.  I haven't been depressed at all since I've been here, so that probably crosses that one out.  So stress and anxiety.  I haven't had too much to be stressing about lately.  I've been getting my work done and it's not like I'm going to flunk out or anything.  As far as anxiety goes, I think that might be the culprit.  I haven't been able to sleep since I've been planning on talking to Katy.  And I've been pretty worried about talking, so that may be it.  Last night I figured that once I talk to Katy I'll be able to fall asleep.  I really need to get it over with.

I should be able to fall asleep tonight though.  I woke up super early.  I was planning on waking up at 8, going down for some breakfast, going to convo, and then going to LensCrafters, but it didn't turn out that way.  Katy needed to be at dance at 8, so she woke up around 7 I think, but she didn't turn her alarm off.  It went off around a quarter after, so I had to get up and turn it off.  I figured I might as well stay up, so I've been up since then.  I'm already tired.  I think it's good that I woke up early though.  And the caf magically knew I'd be getting breakfast today because they had the biscuit sandwiches this morning.  Yum!  Convo was boring and I don't really remember what the point was, but it had something to do with NOW.  And LensCrafters didn't happen.  I went to go put gas in my car, and there was an optometrist.  They glued my glasses and I was back in Hayes by noon.  

My bed's been tempting me since this morning, but I'm going to try to only use my bed for sleeping.  All of my reading or computer use will be either at my desk or in the common room on the couch.  My bed is for sleep.  And I can't take naps for more than 15 minutes.  That's not appealing to me, so no naps at all.  If I can make it through today without napping, I can for sure fall asleep.  I may even go to bed early.  We'll see what happens.

TBC...

**9:28

The rest of my day has been brutal.  I've wanted to fall asleep so badly.  My three hour religion class was the worst.  Most of the time the lights were off since we watched a few movie clips, so the darkness just made me want to go to sleep even more.  After class I rushed over to get my mail before they closed and I got there right in time.  My package from Hollister came.  I'm so glad I get to wear something new tomorrow.  I always wear something new on my birthday.  Anyways... after I got back I really didn't have anything to do so I called my grandma and talked to her and my mom and then I talked to Rebecca over Skype.  I miss her.  My meeting for my group project went well.  The girls I'm working with are all really nice.  And it helps that I already knew Courtenay and that we already have that kind of friendship where we can goof off and still be serious at the same time.  The meeting went longer than I had expected, but at least we got stuff done.  When we finished I went over to the caf to get some dinner and I took a shower as soon as I got back to Hayes.  I'm super tired.  I think I'm going to go to bed pretty soon.  I seriously doubt I'll have any trouble with falling asleep tonight.

No comments: