Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Supernatural

My day was way too long and it didn't feel like Monday.

I woke up fairly early this morning, 8:15, so that I could speak with my academic advisor about my schedule for next year.  It turns out that those walk-in appointment times aren't really appointment times at all.  It's a time where you can walk-in and make an appointment.  So I woke up early for nothing.  I made an appointment for tomorrow morning, grabbed some breakfast, and then went to class.

As soon as I sat next to Laura, she made some remark about the class.  I really like the class and find it interesting, but she thought I was kidding.  I don't think I'm going to sit with her and Erin in that class anymore.  I don't want to deal with Laura's complaints about the class because they make me feel stupid.  I shouldn't feel stupid for something that I enjoy and that's benefitting my education.

After class I came back to my room for a few minutes and then I left for my optometrist appointment.  I got home faster than I had anticipated, so I stopped by Michael's and picked up some bandannas for songfest rehearsals.  I've decided that bandannas are my thing.  I still had time to kill so I went looking for my mom.  No luck.  It was finally time for my appointment, but I had trouble remember exactly where it was.  I found it though.  My appointment took about half an hour, I found out I have an astigmatism, and I ordered new glasses.  After my appointment I went looking for my mom again, but I had better luck.  I found her.  We just talked for a little bit, and then I was off.  I got back to school in about 45 minutes which is super fast.  Traffic was nice I guess.

When I got back to school I worked on the Congressional Letter I had to do for POSC and then I sat around and did nothing.  I realized that it was Monday and I had tons of reading to do.  Whoops.  I started reading for MSCO, but it was boring, so I decided to quit.  My logic makes sense though.  I have an advertising midterm on Friday, the reading was about pr, so the reading is detrimental to Friday's midterm.  

Katy, Amber, and I went down to get some dinner and were joined by Laura and Erin, and then Carl.  I can't remember the last time the 5 of us girls ate together.  No, I do.  It was raining.  After dinner I can't really remember what happened.  Maybe that's when I started reading... I don't know.

Songfest rehearsal was easy.  We learned a new song, went over the other two, and then I was done.  Tomorrow should be fun though.

Now I just finished reading for COM and I think I'm going to start on POSC.  I'll finish reading it tomorrow after my advising meeting and I'll write my analysis before class.

No comments: