I didn't sleep all that well last night. I fell asleep just fine, that hasn't been an issue as of late, but I woke up more than a few times. I woke up maybe two or three times before 6, and then I seemed to wake up every half hour after that. I wouldn't be awake for long, just long enough to look at my phone to check the time. I got out of bed a smidge after 9, got ready for class, and then grabbed some breakfast with Erin before we had to sit through another early morning lecture. I find the class fairly interesting, maybe because I took a similar class back in 9th grade, but Laura hates it with a passion. I was still pretty tired when class got out, so I came back right away and fell asleep again. I think I woke up around 1:30.
I don't think I did much of anything until around 4, when I started reading for MSCO and COM. MSCO wasn't bad, but it just takes a long time. COM on the other hand was long and boring. I had to write an analysis too, but I didn't. I'll write one in the morning if I remember. I have to remember. I procrastinated studying for POSC until 10 and I just finished up a little but ago. I have a test tomorrow, and I have to do well on it. It's an open-note test, and notes aren't my strong point, but I'm hoping they're good enough to serve me well. I'm not so much worried about the multiple choice as I am the essay. I don't know if I'll be able to BS my way to an A on that one. Fingers crossed.
**2:09
I'm not tired. I wrote my analysis though, so that's good. At least I did something productive opposed to just lying in bed staring up at the ceiling.
COM is making me realize, even more so, how bad of a communicator I am. I know I don't talk to people as much as I should, about things that I should, but I am really messed up. I guess all those years of not talking really got to me because I have no clue how to turn it around. I know how I should be communicating, thanks to my COM book, but getting to that point is where I'm lost. I need to build up to the point where I'd like to be, but I need a good foundation first. I need help with the foundation. I need help opening up and changing my depth perception. I think the distance thing is the main problem. I need to realize that I can be close to the people that are important to me, not the other way around. I should feel comfortable around the people that mean the most to me, but instead I feel nervous and especially vulnerable with or without speaking. That needs to stop. It's okay to feel vulnerable sometimes, but I'd prefer not to. I'd prefer to continue to keep everything inside and to myself, but that isn't healthy, nor is it how I want to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment