I woke up this morning, a little after 10. Katy's 10 AM was cancelled so she came back and we talked for a sec. I showered and got ready for my day, watched The Secret Life of the American Teenager, and had some Honey Smacks before class. Katy came back from her 12 o'clock class and we discussed our possible schedules for next semester and then I was off to class.
MSCO is my favorite class, but the last guest speaker we had and then the guest speaker that came today have just made it that much more enjoyable. I am really excited about graduating and getting out into the field. It sounds like a lot of hard work, but it also sounds like loads of fun. But the two men that have come to speak to the class aren't really what I'm geared toward, so I don't know if all that fun stuff will apply to me. IMC isn't all that popular yet, so I don't know exactly where I'll fit out in the real world once I graduate. But hopefully I'll be making a sufficient amount of money wherever I am to help support my family and pay off my loans.
I don't really know what to make of the POSC test. I think I did better on this multiple choice than I did on the last one, but I felt fairly confident on the last one and did poorly. The essay, I'm not so sure about. There was only so much I could BS, but hopefully I sounded smart enough to get away with a decent grade. I need a decent grade. I need a decent grade in COM too. I don't think I'm learning anything in that class. The professor doesn't even teach the class. She taught maybe the first four classes, but not really considering her PowerPoint presentations are word for word the same as the book's website outline. And now she's having the class teach. I don't want to learn from my peers. That's just stupid.
After class my suitemates and I headed down to the cafeteria for the freshman block party. I was expecting more, but whatever. I got a free shirt out of it. I love free shirts. I love free lots of things. After the "block party" I talked to Erin for a little bit about high school dances. I miss getting dressed up for them and I miss dancing with boys, but I don't miss all of the drama that dances cause. Ugh...
After reading half of what I needed to for religion, Katy and I made another In-N-Out run. We left a smidge before midnight, but I don't remember when we got there. They had fries this time, so that was a nice little treat from last time. I decided to go through Kanan Canyon on the way home this time. It took longer, but it was prettier and more fun. There are several tunnels, so when we got to them I stopped, rolled down the windows, and floored it. Illegal and dangerous, but extremely fun.
Parking once we got back to school was a bitch. There weren't any spots in Towers, we saw Laura walking so we picked her up, she said there weren't any spots in RHO, there weren't any spots in Upsilon, so I dropped Katy and Laura off as close to Hayes as I could get them and I went in search for parking. I ended up parking on the street down by the track. I'll probably end up moving it after convo tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to find a spot...
So every Tuesday there is a certain fraternity on campus that throws parties off campus. I've been invited several times, but have only been once. I would like to go again, but Amber gets invited now, and I don't want to go to a party with Amber. Laura and Amber went tonight. Laura was fine, she gave Katy and I the rundown when we picked her up in the parking lot, but she said that Amber wasn't. Well... on my way back to Hayes I noticed two people sitting in front of the hall. It was Amber and some guy. He asked if I was from Hayes and asked what suite I was in, and since I live in the same suite as Amber, I agreed to take care of her. It was the right thing to do. I called Katy to open the door since I didn't have my key, and she helped me get Amber to her room. Amber was fucked up big time. She looked horrible, she smelled of alcohol, she couldn't walk, and she was speaking slurred spanglish. I heard her puking in her room, so Laura and I gave her a trash can and some water. I don't think that helped, but what else could we do? It's a dry campus, she's under age, and we live with an RA. We just thought it was funny that we're the two that dislike her the most, yet we were the ones trying to help her out.
RA Laura came by a little bit later and I thought for sure she would ask Katy and I about Amber. She was snoring really loud, and I figured that might give it away, but Laura just though it was funny. We acted as if it was funny too. I mean, it is, but for different reasons. Oh Amber. I don't know how long it will be before she makes me snap.
No comments:
Post a Comment