Monday, April 6, 2009

adventureland

I wasn't quite sure how today was going to go, but after a rocky start, it smoothed out and is finishing nicely.

This morning as Erin and I were walking out of Hayes, we both decided that it was going to be a good day because I was wearing a dress and because Erin said so.  And I really did think it was going to be a good day.  The sun was out, I saw some duckies, and I felt pretty good.  Unfortunately, that changed.  The caf didn't have any blueberry scones, so I just got some milk and decided to try The Oasis for my blueberry fix.  I was pleasantly surprised that they had them.  I grabbed two cookies for later, but then I found out that they weren't open until 10:30.  Bust!  I went to class and decided I would just get a raspberry scone instead.  I changed my mind once I got back to the caf and grabbed a sourdough sandwich instead.  When I went back to class, I ended up spilling my milk.  Not a good sign for a good day.  Class was uber boring, but we got out about 20 minutes early, so that was nice.

I got back to my room, grabbed my towel and sunscreen, and then I was off to the beach.  I had to park kind of far, but whatev.  I got there about 11:45 and stayed until around 2:45.  I got a little toastier than I wanted to, but I'm definitely going to be tan by the time I leave school.  I think I have a better tan now than I did last summer.  But maybe not.  Idk.

I didn't do much of anything as usual until Katy and I went to grab some dinner down at the caf.  They've been letting me down lately.  I can't remember the last time I was fully satisfied with my food from the caf.  I ended up getting a chicken burger, just like I ate yesterday.  The lemon chicken looked somewhat tasty, but it came with peas, and I didn't want to waste all those peas.  After dinner I filled up my car's tank and went through the canyon to Agoura to see Adventureland.

Adventureland was deeper than I thought it would be.  I figured it'd be a more mature Superbad, and it kind of was, but it so wasn't all at the same time.  It isn't one of my favorite's, but I still liked it.  It made me kind of sad though.  I need to stop feeling sorry for myself.  My life isn't as messed up as I think it is.  I have it pretty good considering all of the shit other people have to go through.  I live in Malibu for crying out loud!  

I think I want some ice cream.  But good ice cream.  I'm still pretty bent that we don't sell Ben & Jerry's anymore.  And that the Ben & Jerry's isn't open yet.  I don't think any progress has been made on that store since I moved here.  Sad.

**11:09

Ice cream fail.  The HAWC just had vanilla and butter pecan.

No comments: