Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Until Tomorrow

It's early, but I have something on my mind, so I'm posting now.  I'll finish it up before I go to bed... if I remember... which I will this time.

So my dad has been trying to get his marriage to mom annulled for the past few years.  They've been separated since I was 18 months old and have been divorced since I was like 7.  He remarried when I was either 8 or 9, I can't remember since I didn't go to his wedding, but I guess there's some weird rules in the church that led my dad to want to get the marriage annulled.  Since he had already been married, he couldn't get remarried in a Catholic church and he can't get communion.

My dad has never mentioned this once to me.  All of the info I've been getting has been from my mom who has taken this whole deal pretty hard.  Apparently he didn't talk to her about it either and the paperwork just showed up in the mail.  Classy Dad.  Classy.  While on the phone with my mom tonight, she informed me that the annulment went through.  But where does that leave me?  Am I a legitimate child?  Am I a bastard?  Does God still love me the same?  

Knowing my dad, he'll probably make some announcement at my sister's First Holy Communion on Saturday about how he and his wife are getting renewing their vows or something.  I should really show up if that happens, but why?  I didn't show up to their first wedding, what makes them think that I'll show up to their second?  Maybe they think I've grown up, that I'm not bitter at all.  Ha.  I'll just be conveniently busy that day.  Maybe I'll be working.  Maybe I'll be out of the state.  Maybe I'll be out of the country.  But there's my sister.  She won't understand why I didn't go.  I don't want to upset my sister.  I don't want her parents to fuck her over either.

I tried talking to Rebecca about this, since I'm quite upset about it, but she isn't the venting to type.  If I just need to get something off my chest, she's great.  But if I need feedback or a response, I'm not going to get it.  I need to hear that it's okay.  I need support.  Best friends give support, not just stand there.  I love her to death and all, but I need more from her.  Maybe it's because we are just so far away from each other, but I feel like we're drifting a little and that makes me so incredibly sad.

TBC...

**12:45 AM

Rebecca ended up responding, and it was wonderful.  I almost started crying it was so wonderful.  I love her.

Today was really chill.  I pretty much did nothing all day.  I went to REL for twenty minutes, but all we did was eat rice krispie treats and leave. I came back and slept, and then I surfed around, downloaded some music, ate, downloaded more music, and then went to Diddy Riese with Katy, Erin, and Laura.

I like hanging out with them.  Laura and Erin are crazy, for sure.

And now I'm going to bed since I'm waking up early to get breakfast at the law school.  And then as soon as we're back, I'm going back to bed.  I don't have class until 4, so why stay up?

No comments: