Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hazel

"I didn't know your eyes were green."
"They change sometimes."
"Oh, so they're hazel?"
"Sure."

My eyes are brown.  They just change sometimes.

Today was way longer than it needed to be.  I woke up early to get ready to go home, but I kept waking up like every half hour since 6:20ish.  And I was pretty cold without my duvet cover.  I'll just be sure to sleep with a sweatshirt on tonight or something.

I got home in about an hour and fifteen minutes, but I needed to wait around for everyone to get ready.  I probably would have been okay had I slept in for another 45 minutes.  That's okay though.  I should know that my family is always late.  Both sides.

The service was nice, but it was long and noisy, and I sat inbetween Jen and Deb, which was awkward.  I don't think I said much to anyone before we got to Datillo's for lunch, and even then, it still wasn't much.  The only talking I seemed to do was when anyone would ask me about school.  I would give the same answer each time: I love it, I have finals next week, I come home Friday, and I don't want to leave.  I really don't want to leave.

Lunch was good, but I was bored.  My dad convinced me to stay longer so he could wash my car.  I agreed, but he went over his proposed time of 6:30.  I didn't end up leaving until 7:45.  But my car's clean and I got to spend time with my sister, so I guess that's okay.  I missed her kind of.

I couldn't wait to get back to school.  It kind of sucks that I spent half of my last weekend in Malibu at home, but whatever.  I could always come back for a day over the summer if I felt like it.  I don't think I would have done anything productive, but just being here with my friends would have been good enough for me.  I got back around 9, kinda sorta worked on my REL final, and searched around online for stuff.

I'm super tired, but it's early, so I don't know if I want to go to bed.  I probably should go to bed soon, but I don't want to wake up at 6:22 again like I have been doing for the past few days.  It's weird.  It's like my body knows when it's 6:22 AM or something.

And my back still hurts.  It didn't bother me too much today since I was mostly sitting all day, but when I got out of my car to walk back to Hayes, I could feel it for sure.  And I'm a little sore from carrying stuff yesterday.  I don't know if I'll be more sore tomorrow from unloading my car, but maybe since I did physical stuff again today, it won't be so bad.

**1:04 AM

It's late, Amber's playing music and "singing", and she's packing.  WTF?  And she keeps sighing like nobody's business.  I'm glad to be moving away from her.  Sad, but true.

No comments: