Thursday, June 25, 2009

flexible

This morning as I was driving down the 605 to get to school, I was daydreaming, thinking about Daniel. It normally only takes me a few minutes to get to school once I'm on the freeway, but because I was daydreaming, I completely missed my exit. It was cute, stupid, and funny all at the same time. I was able to turn back around and get to school on time.

I wasn't as tired as I've been for the past two days, thanks in part to my long nap yesterday, but I was still tired. I was seriously contemplating not going to school tomorrow, but I might as well. It's not like I have anything else to do. And now I can't go anywhere.

As soon as I started my car after I was done with school for the day, the check engine light goes off. I called my dad to tell him, but no answer. I decided just to go over to his house to see what he could do. His car wasn't in the driveway, so I figured I'd call once more. He's in Boston until tomorrow. Great. The hour I was planning on working out turned into an early evening of backtracking, reading my owner's manual, and checking various aspects of my car.

I was planning on spending the whole day with Daniel on Friday, but now that isn't going to happen. I'm supposed to get my car looked at on Friday. And then I was planning on visiting Laura this weekend, but now that isn't going to happen either. Maybe next weekend.

My car will be fine though. It's still perfectly fine. It'll get me to school and back tomorrow, and then to my dad's house tomorrow evening. Easy.

No comments: