Thursday, June 11, 2009

frosted

I didn't want to wake up this morning.  I could've stayed sleeping, but I knew I had to get up.  I was working hard to not fall asleep in SOC but I didn't have to work that hard in GEOL since I knew we would get out early.

When I got home I had a little snack, checked my usual sites, and then had a nice little Skype sesh with Katy.  After our little chat I did my On-Demand dealio and then got back on the computer.  I really wanted to go to sleep, but I forced myself to stay awake.  After dinner, tv, and the internet, I find myself thinking about my relationships again.

Earlier this year, Vanessa and I were fine.  We grew really close at the end of senior year, so I felt we had a pretty solid foundation when we started college.  I was wrong.  After homecoming, I we would make plans to hang out when I'd be down for the weekend, but every time something would come up and our plans would fall through.  Over winter break, my calls, texts, and comments went unanswered.  I felt that I was the only one putting any effort into our friendship, so I just gave up.  I haven't seen her since the day after homecoming and haven't really talked to her since then either.

I've been home for over a month, bored since everyone has still been in school, but Daniel has been a great friend and has made time for me.  Rebecca, my best friend, has been home for about 2 weeks and I have yet to see her.  I've tried to make plans with her, and sometimes we do make plans, but, like with Vanessa, something comes up.  Sometimes my texts and messages go unanswered as well.  Frankly, I'm tired of it.  I'm tired of putting so much effort into a friendship that I don't even know they want to be in.  I know things come up, but at least acknowledge my efforts.  I love Rebecca to death, but sometimes I can't help but wonder if she's really the best friend that I need her to be.  I would like to bring this up to her, but I just feel that it would go unacknowledged as well.

No comments: