Monday, June 8, 2009

Rio

Day one of Harvard on the hill.

Waking up at 6:30 this morning wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, but it definitely caught up with me later.  I got ready, slower than I should have considering I needed to go to Walgreens for notebooks, but I still made it out of the house at a decent time.  I was in and out of Walgreens quickly, but I was still pressed for time getting to school.

I got out of my car at like 7:55 and walked uber fast to my Soc class, made it a few minutes late, but was okay since the professor wasn't there yet.  I was expecting some old guy to be teaching the class, but it's some young disabled guy.  He seems to know what he's talking about, but I think he's trying too hard to prove himself.  We spent the majority of the class going over the syllabus, so we were kind of rushed at the end.  I have a chapter to read and a paper to write before class tomorrow.  Great.

Geology was packed.  I was fortunate to get a seat, but some people were left standing.  The professor reminds me of Mr. Nordquist, so that was a bonus right there.  He's funny and is really into what he does, so I think I'll like the class.  We went over the creation of the universe and the planets, and then we were dismissed.  Since we didn't fill up the whole time, I had to sit around for awhile until the lab started.  The whole lab was just identifying different minerals.  It was more difficult than I expected, but it was still fun.  We were able to leave as soon as we were done, so I was home by 4.

After 2 On-Demand workouts, I hit the computer and then crashed as soon as my mom came home.  When I woke up, I ate and got back on the computer, but I should have started reading for Soc and Geo.  I watched Charm School, New York Goes to Work, took a shower, and now I'm writing this, so I still need to read and write a paper.  Fun.  I can get it done.  As long as I aim for being in bed by 1, I should be fine.

No comments: